View Single Post
Old 02-14-2010, 09:25 AM   #113
aosama

Default Re: Mass Effect Sourcebook

Quote:
Originally Posted by giganerds View Post
About the grav guns/armor/etc discution. I opt to adopt a more GURPS way, the special ammunition in the game completely disconsider the fact that a project propelled at a fraction of ligh speed will turn in to plasma. I can be wrong, but I think most of the ammo types in UT will not function properly in this case. The TL 11^ fits more to the game combat and the TL 10^ fits more with most of the others scenarios stuffs.

If someone is more propense to use weapons with more diverse options. Use the eletromagnetic guns instead.
Yeah... That's why I've been keeping with Gauss guns. Perhaps they could work as gauss guns with some sort of Rcl and damage bonuses due to enhancing MEF (Mass Effect Fields).

What I did was to completely overhaul the weapons and armours. Here are the statistics I have so far:

Weapons:

- Pistol: 3d(3) pi, RoF 3, Rcl 2
- Heavy Pistol: 4d(3) pi+, RoF 3, Rcl 4
- Cyclic Rifle: 5d(3) pi+, RoF 6#, Rcl 1
- Assault Rifle: 4d(3) pi, RoF 10, Rcl 2
- Sniper Rifle: 6dx2(3) pi+, RoF 1, Rcl 4, Shots 1(2)*
- LMG: 4d(3) pi-, RoF 30, Rcl 2
- SMG: 3d(3) pi, RoF 15, Rcl 2
- Shtogun: 5d(2) pi++, RoF 2, Rcl 4 / Buckshot 2d pi, RoF 2x9, Rcl 1

* Fast-Draw ammo cannot be used to reduce this reload time

Armours:

So, I'm a customization whore. So, whenever I get a chance to design some bit of a system, I always leave as much room for PCs to customize as I can. In this case, armours. Players can customize their armour by first choosing a basic layer of "padding", it works just like nanoweave bodysuits (with variable DR). This first layer can than have plates of ablative or regular armour placed over it, to increase protection. Finally, the player can choose which shield package he wants to attach to his armour's backpack

- Light Padding: DR 10, wt. 4.5 lbs
- Medium Padding: DR 15, wt. 6 lbs
- Heavy Padding: DR 18, wt. 9 lbs

- Light Plating: DR +10, base wt. 32 lbs
- Medium Plating: DR +16, base wt. 42 lbs
- Heavy Plating: DR +22, base wt. 60 lbs

- Light Semi-Ablative: DR +12, base wt. 30 lbs
- Medium Semi-Ablative: DR +21, base wt. 36 lbs
- Heavy Semi-Ablative: DR +28, base wt. 50 lbs

- Light Shield: 50, wt. 2.0 lbs
- Medium Shield: 65, wt. 3.0 lbs
- Heavy Shield: 80, wt. 5.0 lbs

- All shields have 2 levels of hardened, and are full ablating. They only regenerate DR when the user is not under fire.

The "base weight" of plating and semi-ablative plates is for full body coverage. It has to by modified depending on what areas it covers, as well as how completely it covers those areas. For this, I'm using the mechanics under "Tailoring Armour", on the defenses & armour chapter of UT.
Note: semi-ablative plates and regular plating are not compatible.

As a final note, let me say that this is still completely experimental and untested. I should be able to get some playtesting done later this week.
aosama is offline   Reply With Quote