View Single Post
Old 03-12-2009, 06:05 AM   #1134
tHEhERETIC

Default Re: In Nomine: The Mile Higher Club (IC)

Paloma floats through the hotel lobby and into the room, breathless and joyful.

“Message, message, message,” she says like a mantra, trying to calm herself. She is momentarily confused, trying to figure out who is in charge. She settles on Ash, looking him in the eye but speaking loudly enough—barely—for all of you to hear. She seems to have a wisp of a voice even when she is fully calm, but right now she's excited.

"Hold on a minute Paloma." Corat tells her to keep her silence until the phone conversation has come to a pause.

“We spoke to the Loa, after the Loa talked among themselves. It’s mostly good. No more demon contact, that’s a given, and the rest of the Loa will vouch for that. They’ll keep in touch, and we Dreamers will be staying very close to them on this side.” She seems to just realize she’s in the corporeal realm, “I mean, on that side.”
“For the Baron to get watched while he possesses someone to do good was a lot harder. They gave a lot of reasons but basically said that his devotees can be checked in on after he’s done riding for awhile, not during. That way of course,” she adds, almost by way of apology, “we can make sure they’re healthy and things like that. There’ll be consequences if we find too much, but they didn’t discuss that. They just said it wouldn’t come to that.
“And giving back, for his punishment, they’re asking who we want them, er him to guide. Find someone who the Baron’s basic nature might lead to Heaven, and he’ll walk them to Destiny’s door. In so many words. This way too we can keep a close eye on that person too.”

“But, but, butbutbutbutbutbutbut,” she has to stop herself to resume speaking intelligibly. “There’s other news, big news, I’m hoping I’m the first one gets to tell you.” She looks at your faces, sees you haven’t heard and it makes her giddy.
“Calm down, Paloma. We don’t know what the news is.”
“TWO big things!” She’s jumping up and down, and Corat’s giving her a look of thorough irritation, trying to bring her back to earth long enough to get her to speak again. He has definite ideas about Menunim, and she's not fitting them just now. “Okay, one. Nybbas lost his contract with the kami. They just walked away. Hell just lost an entire pantheon! Now now, they’re not on our side yet, but they’re not on Hell’s anymore, decisively. So long, thank you for playing, bah-bye!”

“And the other thing, the other thing…someone spotted Eli!!! We’re not 100% sure it's him because it’s not the vessel he’s known for, but there was this Australian kid at a b-boy show talking like an expert in a dozen subjects, stopping arguments between people who don’t even speak each others’ languages, even talking with babies…we think we found Eli!!! ” At this point she’s nearly screaming, so loud that all conversation in the hotel lobby has stopped.

Paloma looks sheepish. "Any messages you need me to take back?"
The crowd begins to talk among themselves, but the tone is excited. Eli sightings are rarer than Elvis, and considerably more important.