View Single Post
Old 03-24-2008, 11:07 AM   #7
MunchkinMan

Default Re: Doppelganger vs. Take Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogmeat
Ok, what if while they were stacking things on me, before i had the chance to play enough potions or the doppelganger to wreck the creature he quick threw the Take Me? Could i have then thrown the potions that would allow me to beat the point we were at now and force him to back out, or would he have to stay in?

The monster (don't remember which one) was 17 with a mate and two plus 5's on it. i was a total of 58 with the doppelganger.
Once you have help from another player, getting rid of them is not easy. It requires cards to get rid of them (or let them leave). Just because you, alone, could beat the Monster is not enough to get rid of a helper, whether you wanted them there or not, and Take Me! Take Me! makes you take that player as a helper (if you are eligible to receive help) and that's it. Done.

As for eligible to receive help: You have to be losing, and you have to have no Items, curses/traps or other things actively preventing you from getting help. A Doppleganger and an illusion (gnome ability) are not actively preventing you from getting help and would be lost when you got help.
MiB #1029
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote