View Single Post
Old 06-25-2007, 12:25 AM   #17
ShotGun_Jolly

Default Re: Design Challenge: Police Cruiser

Hi all,

Here is my attempt at a police cruiser. I figured that in the future, there would be to types, the patrol car and the interceptor. The Patrol car would be a less advance version, with room for a gunner and maybe one passenger/suspect.

The interceptor below, would be more of the run and gun types, designed to stop a fleeing suspect. It has only one type of offensive weapon along with two rear corner mounted TDX spear 1000 droppers with a tear gas (SS) all linked to the rear. The SS and the VMG in the turret are also linked.

I also added a tow bar and winch to help assist stranded motorist. And of course a camera and computer and a few other goodies protected with a surge protector.

It is more or less designed to stop a car by taking out its tires and not for prolong combat. (its hard to build a theme car with out it becoming a dueling car)

here are the stats of the car.

"Police Interceptor MK I by ShotGun Jolly: Luxury; Extra Heavy chassis; Heavy Active suspension; Sport PP w/PCs, SCs, Overdrive; 4 PR FP Radial tires. Driver. 2s Turret T. Vulcan MG w/20xHD, 1 Mag in turret Linked to SS; Smokescreen w/10xTear Gas Rear; 2xSpear 1000 MD w/10xTDX left and right rear corner linked to SS. Hi-Res Computer; Tow Bar; Safety Seat; Surge Protector; No-Paint Windshield; Vehicular Computer; Long-Distance Radio; Vehicular Camera; Winch; HD Shocks, HD Brakes, ABS. 135 pts. LRFP (F: 25 R: 24 L: 24 B: 20 T: 30 U: 12); 2x6 pt. LRFP Hubs, 2x6 pt. LRFP RWG F; 2x6 pt. LRFP Hubs, 2x6 pt. LRFP Guards F. Cost: $53,450, Wgt: 6,472, HC: 4 +1R, Top Speed: 125 (145), Accel: 10 (5).

I will try and see if i can come up with more of a patrol car and a much cheaper price.

Regards

SGJ