View Single Post
Old 03-21-2007, 05:57 PM   #20
Mehmet
MIB

Default Re: Copying Powers

I asked Kromm about this and he answered thusly;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kromm
That's a problem [Mehmet: of one PC buying thousands of points worth of abilities and the other PC buying the neutralize (power theft, does not neutralize) and they both having the multi kilo power], I agree. It's why I think it's fairer to not allow what you say and to insist that Neutralize with Power Theft must neutralize. But if the GM just can't live with that solution, and really wants to allow PCs to "share" abilities rather than steal them, then it's up to the GM to decide what that does to his campaign and price it appropriately. Were I doing it, I'd probably say something like:
Power Sharing: You share the abilities you affect -- you don't neutralize them. Your target continues to have access to his abilities, but you gain access to them, too. You cannot "create" more points of abilities than already exist, though; the point value of the shared abilities can't exceed the final, modified value of your Neutralize advantage, and you must choose what abilities those are when you affect your target. You can't use Neutralize again until the shared powers wear off or you give them up (a free action on your turn). Power Sharing is mutually incompatible with Power Theft. +150%.
That would cost 125 points and allow the user to share 125 points of abilities. With Cosmic, so that it could affect any kind of power, it would cost 275 points and let the user share 275 points of abilities.
Also, I asked about that Awesome Power™ that certain someone has,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mehmet
a power that would allow us to copy other's powers and recall them later (either indefinitely or limited to a number of "slots")
and he said
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kromm
That's clearly a form of Modular Abilities with a limitation that restricts the available abilities to those that had been "sampled" previously. That's probably a -20% to -30% trait-limited version.
I also think nuances in the said power will call for different advantages altogether.

Cheerio!