View Single Post
Old 12-22-2006, 12:13 PM   #63
Kromm
GURPS Line Editor

Default Re: 4e is not user friendly.

GURPS Lite, Fourth Edition and the GURPS Basic Set, Fourth Edition index were prepared by people who weren't me. I'm not passing the buck, though. I'm not even going to say who those people were. And in fact, I'm going to take the blame despite not being those people, for the following reason:

In an effort to get the GURPS Basic Set, Fourth Edition out on time and have GURPS Lite, Fourth Edition ready to go with it, we had to divvy up tasks. I was busy proofing the final PDFs for rules consistency, so we had no choice but to assign the index and Lite to others . . . and I wasn't available for those guys, because as I said, I was busy. As the lead designer of the GURPS Basic Set, Fourth Edition, I'm certain that I would have known where to find all of the hidden secrets for the index. As the developer of GURPS Lite, Third Edition, I'm sure I could have made the transition to GURPS Lite, Fourth Edition smoother. The fact is, I was off doing something else -- albeit something important -- so it's my fault on a couple of levels.
Kromm is offline   Reply With Quote