View Single Post
Old 08-25-2021, 02:35 PM   #35
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: Mix and Match 2021 (66 Combos)

Combination 16: The Grissom Skyfort
16) Dungeon Fantasy Encounters 4: Ring Fort and Space Atlas: Grissom

There are many ways to build a skyship and traverse the wild blue. Some are sealed balloons lifted by air. Some are ordinary ships enchanted by powerful magic. Some are living creatures, attatched to carriages, or shaped into functional craft themselves. Some are constructed of materials with odd properties.

The folk of the Grissom Cluster use ships lifted by skystone, which they mine from the barren rocks of their cluster. Their ships are not particuarly fast or cheap, but they're the only craft allowed in the cluster: the Grissomites agressively keep outsiders away from their skystone mines.

Deep inside the Grissom skystone mines is a secret: an ancient device that can transmute rock into skystone at a distance, raising rocks out of the poisonous mirk of the below into the habitable regions. At least, that's what Grissom's sages say it does. They're trying to find out more, and they don't want anyone coming close to it. They're build a fort to protect the site, and to keep people away.

But should they really be tinkering with this device? If it was so powerful, why did its makers leave it embedded in a fairly poor set of rocks? What will actually happen when it wakes up? Its up to the PC's to stop Grissom from awakening their engine again... if they can get past its defenses.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote