View Single Post
Old 08-06-2021, 12:29 PM   #11
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: Mix and Match 2021 (66 Combos)

Combination 3: Return of the Black Pharoah
3) Action 8: Twists and Infinite Worlds: The Osiris Worlds
A recent dig has uncovered another round of Egyptian artifacts. As these belong to the eccentric Amenhotep, their uniqueness is not particularly remarkable... until the black pharaoh wakes and begins transforming men into monsters.

Our heroes may have been involved with the artifacts from the beginning, or they may notice the disaster building nearby, but either way, if the world is to survive, its all up to them

Combination 3b: The Osiris Files
3) Action 8: Twists and Infinite Worlds: The Osiris Worlds
Infinite world agents have to tough and resourceful: its part of their Job. Tracking down a centrum agent and discrediting their actions by framing them as an embezzler is all in a days work. But working on Osiris worlds is a little different. Sometimes things get a little tricky, and sometimes they get a little strange. Take those pyramid builders, for instance...
.................................................. ...........................

So I'm conflicted as to whether or not 3b counts. I play Infinite Worlds in two modes: one is ISWAT mode, which lies somewhere between a Powers Game and a Kitchen Sink. The other is as an action game of the espionage variety, powered by a custom infinite worlds BAT. This mode is low on magic and the supernatural, and if its on the high end of the technology spectrum for action, its still on it.

On the other hand, while supernatural and high tech is toned down, its still there, and action:twists is very much focused on the classic action context of the ambiguous now with no magic and a focus on high-tech urban centers. Infinite Action Campaigns lack that: wilderness and low-tech training is expected, and a team that knows ancient Egyptian is probably ready for at least a little mystic action. Twists is about handling deviations from the campaign mode correctly, and in Action: Infinite Worlds low-tech experiences and mystic challenges are par for the course, and probably shouldn't be treated as exceptions.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote