View Single Post
Old 08-04-2021, 12:12 PM   #3
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: Mix and Match 2021 (66 Combos)

Combination 1: Escape from the Fort
Action 8: Twists and Dungeon Fantasy Encounters 4: Ring Fort

In their efforts to broker peace between the Governor and the Mighty Tribe, our Pulp heroes thought they could present their case for peace to the tribal leaders. Alas, some agent they did not forsee has poisoned the warcheif against them, and they were unable to present their cause, instead imprisoned in an old style fortress by their largely spear-wielding foes. They will have to escape the fortress they are being kept in, find the agent, and make it to the tribal leaders before war breaks out and thousands perish over a pointless misunderstanding inflaming mistrust. And hopefully get their gear back at some point.

The Mighty tribe is intentionally left generic, though I will admit the "inspirational" setting is in southern Africa. TL is right on the edge of 5 and 6. The Mighty tribe has some access to fire arms, but it will be old single shot weapons and it won't have enough guns (or ammo) to arm more than a small fraction of its forces. The old fort was designed to deal with lower-tech foes, but once its built, it will continue to do its job fairly well.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote