View Single Post
Old 06-30-2021, 08:00 PM   #58
Michael Thayne

Default Re: [Sorcery] Michael's daily sorcerous spells thread

Left off the blinding part, because it seemed odd for this spell to have it and Windstorm to not have it. I also noticed I've been somewhat inconsistent as to what exactly a +10% version of Selective Area gets you (compare my past handling of Sandstorm to my handling of Wall of Lightning), but I'm not entirely sure that's wrong—some limitations are too minor to be worth even -5%. But I guess you could make "mandatory selective area" into a feature of sorts, if you wanted to make Wall of Lightning and Wall of Wind slightly cheaper.
Wall of Wind
Keywords: Area (Leveled).
Full Cost: 62/75/117 points for levels 1-3.
Casting Roll: IQ.
Range: 100 yards.
Duration: Indefinite.

Creates a ring-shaped wall of wind one yard thick and four yards high. The caster can give the ring any radius up to the maximum indicated for an Area (Leveled) spell of the spell's level.

Any DX-based skill checks made within the wall's thickness, and any ranged attacks passing through it, are at -3. Creatures standing within the wall's thickness also suffer 1d crushing damage, doubled, for the purposes of knockback only.

Statistics: Level 1 is Control Air 2 (Ranged, +40%; Accessibility, only to create a wall of wind, -30%; Link, +10%; Nuisance Effect, cannot move storm, -5%; Sorcery, -15%) [40] + Control Air 1 (Does not increase area, -50%; Ranged, +40%; Accessibility, only to create a wall of wind, -30%; Link, +10%; Nuisance Effect, cannot move storm, -5%; Sorcery, -15%) [10] + Crushing Attack 1d (Area Effect, +50%; Double Knockback, +20%; No Blunt Trauma, -20%; Cosmic, No Attack Roll Required, +100%; Fixed Duration, +0%; Increased 1/2D, 10×, +15%; Link, +10%; No Signature, +20%; No Wounding, -50%; Persistent, +40%; Reduced Duration 1/180, -40%, Requires Concentrate, -15%; Requires IQ Roll, -10%; Selective Area, Only to limit effect to edge of area, +10%; Variable Area, +5%) [12]. Level 2 adds Area Effect (+50%) to Crushing Attack [+3], removes "Does not increase area" from the third level of Control Air [+10], and adds Control Air 1 (Only to increase area, -50%; Ranged, +40%; Accessibility, only to create a wall of wind, -30%; Link, +10%; Nuisance Effect, cannot move storm, -5%; Sorcery, -15%) [10]. Level 3 adds Area Effect (+50%) to Crushing Attack [+2] and adds Control Air 4 (Only to increase area, -50%; Ranged, +40%; Accessibility, only to create a wall of wind, -30%; Link, +10%; Nuisance Effect, cannot move storm, -5%; Sorcery, -15%) [40].

Last edited by Michael Thayne; 07-06-2021 at 10:01 PM.
Michael Thayne is offline   Reply With Quote