View Single Post
Old 11-02-2020, 07:52 AM   #86
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: PDF Challenge Mix and Match (66 Combos)

Combination 57a: Smugglers of Life
57) GURPS Template Toolkit 3: Starship Crew and GURPS Hot Spots: The Incense Trail

On the dusty, hot, and mountainous planet Hadramar, far from the centers of civilization, immortality has been discovered, in the sticky sap of an especially finicky tree. The Resin of Immortality is highly sought after. While difficult to obtain in the first place, the obscenely high taxes the Autocrats of Hadramar place on the Tears of Life make it only available to the wealthiest of buyers. Then the tears must be transported across the Yathrib corridor, a treacherous passage of hyperspace "maintained" by the Nabatans, who are really just interested in raising the price on the tears three fold and putting the difference in their pockets. Once the lands of the great empires, bureaucrats and aristocrats raise the price again, and siphon most of it off into the veins of their powerful patrons.

The whole process is corrupt and filled with greedy thugs taking their share of the profits. That's why you choose to skip the whole process and smuggle the primary ingredient of immortality straight from Hadramar to buyers. Each of you may have different motives. Some may be supporting a rebellion in Elim against the tyranny of the Red Empire. Others may be supplying tears of life to doctors who use it to restore the lives of the sick rather than extending the lives of the powerful. Some may be in it for the thrill of the chase. Some may be hiding from powerful political enemies. Some may just want to retire filthy rich at the end of it all.

Whatever your objective, you'll need to keep your wits about you if you are to survive!

Combination 57b: Dune
A lot of these Spaceships crew make me think of existing famous properties. This isn't the last. (and with Kromm's suggestion of the millenium falcon for tricked out rides, it isn't the first either)

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote