View Single Post
Old 08-28-2020, 07:24 PM   #41
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: PDF Challenge Mix and Match (66 Combos)

Combination 19a: Apprentice of the Moon
19) GURPS Monster Hunters Encounters 1 and How to Be a GURPS GM: Ritual Path Magic

I was once as much a monster as any werewolf or vampire. I learned magic at the feet of a man I called Father, a powerful mage and shaman dedicated to an strange ritual. At his bidding, I killed people in sacrificial rituals to fuel our magic. I did it willingly. I justified it to my self. I blinded myself for the sake of power.

And yet the hunters saw fit to offer me redemption.

Just a detailed backstory for a Monster Hunters mage. It gives him a good reason to know a lot about were-wolves, and it plays up the reformed monster angle by applying it to someone who didn't loose their mind.

Combination 19b: Vampire Sorceress
19) GURPS Monster Hunters Encounters 1 and How to Be a GURPS GM: Ritual Path Magic

No, the blood link is powerful, and the vampire a most potent undead, but glamour? This is not a learned application of their unnatural powers. This is studied. The trappings of blood serve as a potent power source, yes, but they are given shape by the arcane. The more I study, the more I am convinced: this vampire is a sorceress. She wants you do come expecting an unusual vampire, because that gives her an advantage, but I know better, and now you do.

Spring a trap on your PC's. If it looks like vampires, it should never just be vampires.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote