Old 08-28-2020, 09:45 AM   #1
Kromm
GURPS Line Editor

Default GURPS Dungeon Fantasy Career Guide

Throughout my career
I've learned that one thing is true:
Everybody delves.
— Ryōri no Tetsujin, Part-Time Delver and Full-Time Chef
It's difficult to imagine the parent of a mighty-thewed barbarian or cackling necromancer asking, "What do you want to do with your life?" Yet every successful delver had to choose a path at some point, because a career spent meandering through trap- and monster-filled dungeons without focus comes with only one guarantee: It'll be short! And the choice isn't an easy one – each academy, guild, and order claims to offer The One True Way, and of course cultures, faiths, and races try to impose their traditions. How's a young adventurer to decide?

As few fantasy worlds have career counselors, the answer to that question is left to the player, who faces a difficult choice between almost 50 professions scattered across 36 GURPS Dungeon Fantasy volumes (so far . . .) and 122 issues of Pyramid. The GURPS Dungeon Fantasy Career Guide aims to simplify the selection process. It lists all the professions so far, describing each in sufficient detail to help you decide what supplements to buy, and indexing its main and alternate templates, lenses, special abilities, and much more. It also provides lists of general lenses, henchman templates, and henchman lenses.

Because puzzles belong in the dungeon, not in character creation!

Store Link: http://www.warehouse23.com/products/SJG37-0361
Kromm is offline   Reply With Quote