View Single Post
Old 08-06-2020, 01:42 PM   #15
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: PDF Challenge Mix and Match (66 Combos)

Combination 3a: Deep Night above Mar'ib
3) GURPS Dungeon Fantasy Adventure 3: Deep Night and the Star and GURPS Hot Spots: The Incense Trail

The Stories and Rumors have come pouring in. A Caravan encountering bandits so black they were indistinguishable from the night. Civilians found dead in the morning in the streets of walled cities, drained of all life. The attacks have been sudden, and they've been everywhere. It is unknown what sort of foe is faced, nor why the gods have not stopped such obviously demonic attacks.

A sage steps forth, and offers a plan to stop the attacks. The gods have not stopped the attacks because they are not aware from where the attacks are coming. He has studied this foe, and those like it. He has a method for finding a portal. A few brave souls much travel to the lair of the enemy, and burn sweet incense to inform the gods of where to strike.

This is a fairly simple combination: its common to make the "Town" of dungeon fantasy into a more fleshed out setting. I love the Incense Trail as a DF setting: it has evocative geography, costumes, and customs. Changing up the Tech Level is optional, but interesting.

Combination 3b: The Portal to the Desert
3) GURPS Dungeon Fantasy Adventure 3: Deep Night and the Star and GURPS Hot Spots: The Incense Trail

Deep Night has the potential to strand the characters anywhere in the world. Why not on the Incense Trail? You'll probably have to punch up the setting, and you'll probably use an analog area instead of 500 BC on earth, but if you were wondering where to send your players if they play portal lottery: send them to the incense trail!

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote