View Single Post
Old 05-12-2018, 04:35 PM   #2
Jim Kane
Banned

Default Re: New Adventures for TFT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick_Smith View Post
...Basically, I've started to write a programmed adventure for George Dew. And I've found the format is extremely restrictive. Without the scrambled up paragraphs, I could put in twice the adventure into a given page count.
While I love the MicroQuest Solo format, as you already addressed the desire for the more fleshed-out format below, along WITH the Solo-Micros, the "bigger more detailed content" is exactly what we lose in quantity of content to accommodate the "pre-programmed" engine and platform.

Sort of like writing for half-hour TV versus writing for a two hour Feature Film.

And I am with you Rick, I would like to see both the Solo-MicroQuests, AND the full-sized GM Adventure Modules (blending the lines of GURPS: Orcslayer and TFT's: Tollenkar's Lair with the accessories.

If we ever get the consumer demand for something along the lines of a Judges Guild: City-State of the Invincible Overlord, or all those wonderful GURPS world-books, that would be the sweetest, long-awaited satisfaction I could image.

As far as Product-Management is concerned, I have said this before, and I shall repeat again: I have never seen a game-line handled with so much flair, creativity, care, and proper product-placement and release date-pacing as the CAR WARS line.

That was a piece of product management that was a pleasure to behold.

Whoever was in-charge of the CARWARS line as the Product Manager - Can we get THAT guy for TFT?!

JK
Jim Kane is offline   Reply With Quote