View Single Post
Old 11-05-2017, 12:59 AM   #43
Hellboy
On Notice

Default Re: Lost in Dreams II (OCC)

Ah, so you were using Powers 102, now I know how to approach it... You total enhancements, apply that and create new total, then total limitations and apply them... So if it were rewrote it would be good to list enhancements first then limitations. So I'll math this out and see how it works. I figure you only used it for this power?

(40)Jumper (world, New worlds +50%, Naked -30%, Uncontrollable -10%, Unconscious only -20%, skill roll is dreaming, only when sleeping -20%, requires Immediate Preparation 1 hour -75%, cosmic +50%, Drift -15%) [40]

firstly the "in common" limitation package, worth a total of -125%

-0% Skill Roll Is Dreaming
-20% Accessibility: Only While Sleeping
-10% Uncontrollable
-20% Unconscious Only
-75% Requires Immediate Preparation 1 hour.
I'm just gonna represent these below as "-125% SLEEPINESS" for simplified calculations.

Jumper Enhancements (total +100%)

+50% New Worlds
+50% Cosmic Power Category (includes Cosmic: Defensive +50% free)
Jumper Limitations (total -170%)

-125% SLEEPINESS
-15% Drift
-30% Naked
Total: 30 points (OP still needs change from 40) does not use multiplicative modifiers.

Clairsentience Enhancements (total +250%) changes 50 points to (multiply by 3.5) 175 points

+200% (increased range x 2 mllion) 10 yards > 20 million yards
+50% Cosmic Power Category (includes Cosmic: Defensive +50% free)
Clairsentience Limitations (total )

-125% SLEEPINESS
Since limitations cap out at -80%, dividing 175 by 5 gives 35 points.

But if I change this to 190% as you suggest.. 50 + 240% gives 170 points, div 5 is 34 points.

Here's something else I'm wondering about... can these powers be used at the same time? They seem kinda mutually exclusive... like if you were spending 1 hour apiece to prep whilst sleeping, would you spend 2 hours to simultaneously ready both?

It seems like coinciding may result in coactivation where you throw your body into a new dimension but your mind may not immediately inhabit it?

Was wondering if maybe they might be modeled using the optional "Alternative Abilities" rule on powers page 11.

With the adjustment of 40>30 for jumper, this would make Clairsentience the more expensive ability. So if Jumper was 1/5 it would only cost 6 points, but you could only use Clairsentience or Jumper, not both at the same time.

The drawback to that approach is mutual neutralization, so paying full price for both as you have done means 1 can burn out without burning out the other. This could be important with stuff like fails on Extra Effort, which forces a check for crippling per P160. Alternate Abilities means EE fail on 1 could cripple both, full price means EE fail on 1 could only cripple what you were using but not the one you weren't using.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote