View Single Post
Old 06-11-2017, 02:50 PM   #4
Christopher R. Rice

Default Re: Need help with some stuff with Ritual/Path magic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaware View Post
As the title suggests, I'd like some help with the Ritual/Path magic. Namely the one in monster hunters 1.
Pro Tip: It's "Ritual Path Magic" Ritual/Path magic could be contrived as Path/Book magic (which it is often conflated for.

Quote:
For example. Say the regular magic spell, pain. It's resisted by an HT roll.

How is this done in Ritual/Path? I don't remember seeing anything in there anywhere...
It's resisted with the higher of HT or Will.

Quote:
Also how does the modifiers work? Do you use all applicable modifiers? Or do you only use the ones that you want to use? I am confused.
You only add modifiers you need and some spells don't need them.

Quote:
I would also like some examples. Preferably starting simple, and working to more complicated that way I can try and reverse engineer how it works.
Again, see my blog. I have a lot of spells there.

Quote:
Like for instance, a group heal for anyone within say 3 yards for say 2d HP. What modifiers would you use. Would you use the one referring to weight?
You'd need Healing, Subject Weight (the highest weight of any subject affected, not the combined weight), and Area Effect. Plus a Restore effect with an appropriate Path (e.g., Restore Body for a group of humans).

Quote:
I don't understand at all even where to begin.
If you go to my blog and look at the ritual path magic tag you'll find a LOT of entries that may be helpful.

My Twitter
My w23 Stuff
My Blog

Latest Pyramid: The Incanter's Grimoire
Latest Book: Dungeon Fantasy Traps

Become a Patron!
Christopher R. Rice is offline   Reply With Quote