View Single Post
Old 09-18-2016, 12:24 PM   #1277
PK

Default Re: Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom H. View Post
So maybe in the future, a smart, industrious entrepreneur can figure out how to harness the power and reduced cost of the existing shipping channels to stores for a smaller fee (or retail kickbacks) than what is charged for the personal shipping routes.
It wasn't too long ago that project creators had to work all shipping and add-ons into their pledge levels manually, or foist that off on the backers with complex charts -- and every back who forgot had to find a way to get that additional money to the company. Then Backerkit came along and offered post-Kickstarter solutions for reasonable fees.

So I think that some day, some third party will figure this out, and offer it as a separate, related service to Kickstarter creators. But this is the kind of thing that needs an entire company (or small-business-sized division of a larger company) dedicated to it. This is far too complex to be tackled as a "side project," especially of Steve Jackson Games, a business that is neither a crowdfunding company nor a shipping company (the two areas of expertise needed here).

You might want to bring this up on on a general Kickstarter forum and see if anyone there is working on something like this. I'm sure they'd appreciate the suggestions and insight.

MyGURPS: My house rules and GURPS resources.

#SJGamesLive: I answered questions about GURPS After the End and more!
{Watch Video} - {Read Transcript}
PK is offline   Reply With Quote