View Single Post
Old 09-09-2016, 08:44 AM   #824
Kromm
GURPS Line Editor

Default Re: Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonsbane View Post

Is it going to include any options for Extra Effort?
Yes, but it's a really simple version that fits in a small box. It is not a huge rule with a separate discussion of each task.

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonsbane View Post

Will be there an alternate take on the Slam action (Basic Set, p. 371), simplifying it for an easier use?
Yes, definitely. It's still more complicated than punching somebody simply because a punch cares only about "How big/strong am I?" while a slam by definition also has to take into account "How fast am I moving?" But there's no longer any multiplying and dividing and rounding, on the fly or otherwise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders View Post

Does the DFRPG go with Wildcard skills, Talents or do we get to choose?
Not that wildcard skills and Talents are an either/or choice, but . . . I went with standard skills plus a small number of Talents. All the material I reused or adapted from GURPS referred to standard skills, and I felt that remapping everything for wildcards would add a huge time overhead – and hence cost – while reducing compatibility. (It's almost impossible to work backward from a rule that says "Use this wildcard or that one" to figure out what standard skill would go there, as wildcards discard information.) So I didn't do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders View Post

I would ask about "The Deadly Spring", but I take it for granted that it's included.
I can say with complete authority that no system that complex survived the outline stage. ;)
Kromm is online now   Reply With Quote