View Single Post
Old 08-25-2015, 01:57 PM   #16
GreatWyrmGold

Default Re: GURPS: Remnant: Fan-made rules for adventuring in the world of RWBY

Spoiler:  

If I ever turn this into a proper document/mini-supplement, I will be including a table of common weapons to pull from when designing weapons.

Using Weapons

A weapon (usually) has a number of forms. Transforming a weapon between forms, or from its storage form, takes five seconds. These forms may have grips; switching between grips takes one second, and simple actions not involving the weapon may be taken during that time.
Attacks made with weapons created with this system act as normal weapons in all ways, aside from potentially allowing unusual actions to be taken. For instance, few rifles allow one to propel oneself up a wall, or project a wall of ice. Weapons created with this system, particularly ones with Dust capabilities, may use the Stunt rules in GURPS Powers (pg 170).

During character creation, the Game Master should earmark a certain number of points to spend on weapon creation; 30-40 gives a weapon a few simple options. Players may spend additional points on weapons, of course.

Footnotes

1: Do not call her this.[sup]15[/sup] Especially in front of Weiss fans.[sup]16[/sup]
2: Somehow.
3: I sincerely wish I was making that one up...
4: This is not the shield's canon name. It has no canon name, so I have to use the fan name.
5: The actual weapon is slightly more complicated due to the fact that the weapon's scabbard can be removed and used as a second sword, but this goes beyond what was needed for the example.
6: For simplicity, we will not be accounting for the use of Gambol Shroud's scabbard as an additional weapon at this time.
7: Letting you shoot while slinging it around, letting you propel the blade faster or shoot enemies while kusarigamaing. It also means that you run the risk of shooting the pistol, like, always, but proper firearm safety is a small price to pay for looking cool![sup]17[/sup]
8: Melee attacks which hit with more force than would be plausible with the user's build do not count. (I'm looking at you, Ruby[sup]18[/sup]!)
9: I made it up myself after noting that swing damage was often (very) roughly twice thrust damage.
10: This is slightly cheaper than buying all Enhanced Defense advantages, due to the overlap. Essentially, if you only enhance one defense, you can simply avoid needing to use the other two; you can only use one defense at a time, so the whole is less than the sum of its parts.
11: Page 75.
12: E.g, Ren’s Stormflower.
13: Realistically, weapons with many moving parts would have 5-8 hit points and damage resistance closer to 3-5. RWBY is not terribly realistic, however, and using these fragile weapons doesn’t seem to damage them or even cause significant strain to the user’s Aura.
14: Isn’t it weird that the word for “food acceptable to eat according to Jewish religious law” has become accepted as a synonym for “acceptable” or “accepted”?
15: Unless you agree that it would be hilarious.
16: Even if you think it would be hilarious.
17: I'm being sarcastic. If you have a pistol, do not tie a ribbon around its trigger and sling it around like a flail.[sup]19[/sup]
18: She has the scythe-rifle. It’s a very large weapon, and Ruby is very small.
19: If you think that's even remotely acceptable I hope you never get access to a firearm ever.
GreatWyrmGold is offline   Reply With Quote