View Single Post
Old 08-23-2015, 02:35 AM   #3649
tHEhERETIC

Default Re: In Nomine: the Pacific War (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post
Corat can't quite help himself. He knows what's in that tube so he helps himself, reaching in and pulling out a tiny metal phonograph, no bigger than a pencil sharpener, and molded to look like an early 20th century model. He plays with it in his fingers when his eyes go wide, and then his smile goes wide.

He fails to suppress a giggle. "It's archangel-level Seraph sense. Hearing a total newbie human speaking Celestial is adorable." For a second, Ryuki is the butt of an inside joke, but soon he's Corat's target.
"The raven is fairly obvious, even to me, and to you it should be crystal. So why haven't you told us what it means? Mister Likes to Show Off His Massive Education."
Ryuki rests his chin on his hand, the better to avoid hasty words. He points at the phonograph-toy and mimes flickering it away, but says nothing.
"Uh-huh. My neck is still on the line for you, regardless of who you officially answer to." He pushes the toy away but it's still within easy reach. "You might consider fewer secrets, at least with me." He shrugs to Cameron. "Sorry about the drama. I really should look in on you sooner than later."
Quote:
Originally Posted by chumley1013 View Post
"Fish are friends, not food." Cameron said in a low voice. "I didn't purposefully intend to end up here, I swear. It happened after some guy showed up at my house with a laptop that needed to be fixed. The casing had all kinds of runes and drawings all over it. Does that make sense?"
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyarcana55 View Post
Sunae looks at Corat

"The demon who was following Artemis. Kane almost got him, I believe..."
Content that Mitch could handle the little artifact artfully, Corat taps Cameron on the shoulder. "I'm going to go check on you. Can I have the address?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
Mitch accepts the flower and the tiny phonograph and looks at them curiously "Who sent them if you don't mind me asking?" He studies the phonograph to see if it has a record or anything of the sort attached to it.
The phonograph does not have a physical record attached to it, but once it's in Mitch's hands it becomes very clear to him what it is. Taking even a thought to listen to conversations, he suddenly finds them all laid bare. It tells Mitch that Corat's next move is to get tactical advice from Kane, that "check on" Cameron means getting her as far out of danger as possible without loss of anyone's life, namely his own. And the raven that Hamael sent is an indicator that he's quite confident that Odin is involved in this deeply. The reliever/raven knows what the phonograph does and is keeping his mouth shut.
OTOH the poppy is functionally truth serum. It makes you relaxed and inclined to say whatever's on your mind. A potent combination in the right hands.

((Superior-level seraphic sense. My own invention, not L. Rel. It's an Essence sink and you risk being overwhelmed, but it's otherwise uncomplicated. It also include about ten minutes' worth of Essence, because Hamael's considerate that way.))