View Single Post
Old 01-22-2015, 09:43 AM   #12
vicky_molokh
GURPS FAQ Keeper

Default Re: Reaction Rolls bonus for succubi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varyon View Post
Sexy Feints (well, Ruses) are appropriate, of course.
Not Ruses. Ruses are resisted with the better of Per, DX and the highest weapon skill, not Will:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kromm (PM)
On feints and what resists them, it's pretty simple: if the feint is based on a DX-based skill, mostly meaning combat skills, the resistance to that feint must allow a DX-based option, even if the feint moves the initial roll to a different attribute. So feints with things like Acrobatics, Dancing, and Karate can always be resisted by DX-based combat skill, even if the specific feint is, say, an IQ-based Acrobatics or Dancing roll to distract, or a ST-based Karate roll to beat.

If, however, the feint is based on a non-DX-based skill that normally doesn't run up against the enemy's DX, it's fine to use the attribute that normally resists that skill as the basis for the resistance roll against the feint. So feints with Intimidation and Sex Appeal, since they're usually resisted by Will and not DX to begin with, might well be resisted by a Will-based skill roll.
Quote:
Originally Posted by me
What do I use to resist a normal feint if I have, say, Skill Adaptation (Feint/SA), Feint (Karate) 14, Feint (SA) 18, DX 12 but HT 14. Which scores can I use to resist feints? Specifically, can I use the SA-based one to resist normal mêlée feints, and if yes, do I base it on DX or HT?
You can resist feints using your best Feint level, as always. However, you're limited to using the attribute base that that sort of feint normally allows to resist: DX for standard feints, DX or ST for beats, etc. So in your example, you'd start with Feint-18, but make a DX-based roll: 16 instead of 18.