View Single Post
Old 01-21-2015, 03:50 PM   #134
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: Monster Hunters: Justice (OCC)

-53 (disadvantages) + 152 (advantages) = 99

Spoiler:  

I'm thinking that the particular emotion this fae delights in is embarrassment (general trickery is a little broad).

Low Status is meaningless for someone who can both change his appearance on a whim and has extensive skill at acting.

The characters will not be formal members of a monster hunting team (though you may belong to an organization which does so -- we have at least two characters doing this). They need a motivation to go hunting. They will be acquaintances with each other, though not good friends (at least not at first).

There are no "Grand" organizations. In addition to Cherion and Luminus Vilgaeas, we also have "The Insiders". All have been player proposed. The main rules are that the government is not in on things (though individuals may be) and nothing is an overarching grand superpower in the supernatural. Feel free to introduce one of your own.

Gates can indeed get you in and out of faerie. You pick an area of faerie to have gate knowledge for, and you can get to it from any place you have hidden lore gates for. Brown does not have his own kingdom -- why would trickster faeries hang out together? That's no fun at all. Places he might now well:

The Elven Courts: elven lords (and they are all lords) get fulfilment from bossing other fae around. No place for jokes like a sanctimonious court.
The Market: Fae gather to barter for deals with each other. This place is about services rather than goods, for the most part. Yet another great place for pranks -- tempers are on the edge, fae are out on limbs, and so forth.
The Corners: The parts of faerie closest to mortal cities. This area is mostly used as a place to hide or lurk during the day. While the other two have their own enforcement of sorts, the corners is a wild no-man's land.

You can of course get from one part of faerie to another. Take Hidden Lore ( Area of Faerie) rather than area knowledge. It will cover the proper gates as well as how to get around, how to behave, and so forth.

Skullcrusher, It appears I looked at your sheet and thought it wasn't changed because the ST boost still costs 9 points instead of the 6 that it should. I'm looking at your gear and deciding whether say good or call 'tech fest!'. I think I'm going to call it good. Yes, you used action heavily rather than MH (and wow, on second look it seems a lot of the stuff is the same but your program prefers actions), but it all in one place and easy to navigate (and not weighed down with options). Don't worry about rations, thats part of COL (which we are glossing over. It looks good other than you having three spare points.

Also, see the 'dual nature post below'.

Ransom: Ready to go.

Lamech: I know the feeling!

Refplace: Those would be gadget linked powers, not bonuses to magery. Sorry. I'm not terribly fond of gadgets and magery interacting. Increasing basic damage is bestows a bonus, and its a +2 /+1 per dice deal, and a narrow category (there is a Kromm post on that that came up for initiates war on that). I would not recommend niche protection.

Matrix, I'm sorry if I came across a little harsh, I have verified through several external sources I was grumpy in general yesterday. I think in most cases you mentioned the stuff to me and I didn't really get back to you.

Please use danger sense rather than precognition.

I think I'm going to rule against having effects insubstantial on ST. Let me describe why: most insubstantial foes will have proper weaknesses, often only insubstantial vs mortals. The ones who don't have such weaknesses aren't intended to be rendered substantial, and I'd probably just end up slapping cosmic on them. I suggest looking at dual nature (see below) to handle insubstantial enemies that are intended to be physically handled.

a 300% enhancement to remove any supernatural or chi power sounds good, fair and proper to me. Place the old restrictions on it.

Yes, I was referring to having alternative enhancements on an alternative ability. Its not kosher, for mathematical reasons. Cap reliable at +4, halve the cost, and specify analysis only. If you want to add the other qualities, you can do so, but either the sense shouldn't be an alternate or you should pay full cost for them.

Fill up the remaining points by increasing existing stuff or just falling short, and we should be good.

OPTION:
A great deal of supernatural abilities, particularly mind control, insubstantial, and invisibility, are dependent on whether a person is supernatural or mortal. Cursed ones, are by default, mortal. Dual nature is a feature that allows you to count as both supernatural or mortal in most situations. It's a feature: you can touch almost all insubstantial beings, see beings that are invisible to one or the other, and so forth. Both path of body and the appropriate supernatural type effect you. You can be effected by attacks that effect either kind of being, and are effected by true faith and thresholds. This is available to either of our cursed characters.

A variation on that is conscious dual nature: that is: Unusual Background (I can choose if I'm supernatural or mortal depending on the situation)[10]. Such characters can hold back their supernatural nature, or expose it, to individual effects. You ignore thresholds and attacks that only work against one side of your nature, and can interact with effects as either mortal or supernatural. Mages working against you need to be careful about which paths they choose to target what part of you, but Mages working with you can target either part of your nature. . Once again, this is available to either of our cursed characters.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote