View Single Post
Old 01-26-2014, 02:35 AM   #20
PK

Default Re: Pyramid #3/63: Infinite Worlds II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yako View Post
First,both the modular ability as well as each spell have the magical power modifier, I always thought you could not have a power modifier on both a modular ability as well as the advantages you buy with those points...
This is because the sample spells are priced as known spells. Yes, they can also be bought as improvised spells using the modular ability, but that's the sorcerer at his weakest. So my choices were (1) to leave the PM off of the modular ability, (2) to price all spells as if they'd be improvised (no PM) or (3) to price all spells as if they'd be known. Since improvised spells are a horrible deal for the mage, I went with (3).

Quote:
Secondly, I think the limitation for only some / one college are far too generous.
They're taken from the limitations on Magery. I feel that it's important to compare apples to apples here. Yes, it's a power-based system, but that's secondary to the fact that it's a magic system -- and one that I created to be expressly in line with the standard spell system. So if -40% for one college is a fair deal for Magery, it would be weird to declare that it's not a fair deal for Sorcery.

Quote:
Lastly, I really was a bt dissapointed that, while broaching the subject of spells which need words or gestures, it still did not give the much needed clearly explained limitations for those...
They're in Powers (-10% each).

MyGURPS: My house rules and GURPS resources.

#SJGamesLive: I answered questions about GURPS After the End and more!
{Watch Video} - {Read Transcript}
PK is offline   Reply With Quote