View Single Post
Old 11-09-2013, 09:01 AM   #1
TheOneRonin

Default Technical Grappling, Martial Arts, and other questions

Working on wrapping my head around technical grappling and re-familiarizing myself with Martial Arts (haven't used most of those rules in a while), and I've hit upon a few questions.

1. One of the things I've noticed under the description of Arm Lock is that it seems to require a successful parry before it can be initiated. Is that the case? Can I not attempt an Arm Lock after just landing a successful basic grabbing attack?

2. Throws from locks and combinations. Tech Grappling mentions that, if the GM allows, you can use a Rapid Strike to perform a Lock and a throw from that lock in a single turn. Does this mean I can set this up as a combination and improve it, or am I stuck with the -6 (excluding TBaM)?

3. In High Tech, the Extendable Baton falls under the Shortsword skill, while the Escrima Cane/Stick falls under Smallsword. This is pretty bizarre to me, as I've been training in Escrima for many years now, and the extendable baton I carry is a perfect analog for my sticks. The only minor difference is it's just a bit heavier, but all of the motions and techniques we do work perfect with the baton. Was there a reason for putting the extendable baton under Shortsword instead of Smallsword? Here is a video of a LEO guy going through what is textbook Escrima techniques with an extendable baton:

Tactical Baton

Last edited by TheOneRonin; 11-09-2013 at 08:21 PM.
TheOneRonin is offline   Reply With Quote