View Single Post
Old 11-22-2005, 03:31 PM   #10
Doktor Teufel
Banned

Default Re: "Vulnerability" to non-damaging attacks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kromm
This kind of thing is just a Weakness. If you really want to suffer direct HP loss at 1d/second, apply Reduced Time 6, +120% to the cost for 1d/minute, for a base cost of -44 points. Holy items and such are "Rare" (-22 points) or at best "Occasional" (-44 points). Just be warned that this is rather . . . lethal, and more likely to kill you than Terminally Ill. Even a tough vampire with 20 HP will be taken out in about 30 seconds this way and crisped beyond even supernatural recovery in just over a minute. It isn't likely to happen in combat, but all it takes is a small, blessed cross on a bullet that you can't dig out . . .
Sir Kromm, I wouldn't allow such munchkinism in my game. And I doubt you would, either. ;)

Historically, the cross itself does not cause damage, but the faith of the one wielding the cross. I suggest altering the wording (and perhaps rarity) of your Weakness to indicate that only a cross borne by a person with true faith (not the Trait, but the real deal) will cause any damage.
Doktor Teufel is offline   Reply With Quote