View Single Post
Old 04-04-2012, 11:17 PM   #5
Tzeentch

Default Re: Ultra-Tech Armor Climate Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight Renee View Post
My questions: How much do these things cost, how much do they weigh, how much battery power do they use? In particular, I'm looking at climate control, but everything listed under threat protection has the same lack of info.
-- You're probably not going to get battery life. It's going to be rather negligable though, especially with a combination of passive and active systems.

-- p. B426 does say "Full-coverage armor at TL9+ is climate-controlled. This counts as a cooling system, and negates the penalties for hot weather." This is basically the guideline that Ultra-Tech follows. 'Design system' elements are something that was stripped from the UT draft during the total rewrite following playtest. The draft numbers were basically $50, 0.5 lb. per level of Temperature Tolerance with a power consumption of 5 watts per level. These numbers were drawn from some published stats for personal microclimate systems designed for either FELIN or (what was then called) Land Warrior, I don't recall exactly - it's from some Jane's article.

-- A lot of UT armor has climate control. This includes the Desert Environmental Suit (p. UT177), Drysuit (p. UT177), Heatsuit (p. UT177), Expedition Suit (p. UT177), Tacsuits (p. UT178), Skinsuit (p. UT178), Vacc Suit (p. UT179), Space Biosuit (p. UT179), all Sealed Combat Armor (p. UT179), Combat Walkers and Powered Combat Armor (pp. UT183-185),

-- For non full-coverage armor you're sort of on your own as far as stats. But do keep in mind the High-Tech moisture-wicking undershirts (p. HT64) before deciding if your system actually provides Temperature Tolerance.
Tzeentch is offline   Reply With Quote