View Single Post
Old 01-12-2012, 05:34 AM  
MunchkinMan

Default Re: Question about resurrection

This has come up often enough such that a search would have found the answer easily enough, but I'll condense the official take on it, and hopefully this is something that Andrew and I have discussed about getting into the FAQ so I can just point to that rather than teaching people how to search the forums.

At any rate: The Cleric's resurrection ability only allows him to draw from the discard pile of the deck he was supposed to be drawing from up to the number of cards he was supposed to draw, assuming he has that number of cards in his hand.

So, what does that mean in practice? If you're a Cleric, under normal circumstances, and kicking down the door, you may resurrect one card, and one card only, from the Door discard pile, since you would have been drawing one card from the Door deck, THEN you discard a card from your hand. The card you just drew in that circumstance IS your result from kicking down the door, so if it's a Curse, it hits you, if it's a Monster, you must fight it, and so on. Where multiple cards could come into play is when a Cleric has a helper in combat and must draw multiple Treasures face-up. This is where a Cleric can resurrect multiple cards, but he can only do it once per draw, so if you are drawing 4 cards and have enough cards in your hand, you could resurrect four discarded Treasures, then discard your 4 hand cards. Or, you could resurrect 2 Treasure cards and draw 2 from the Treasure deck, but can't decide to draw 1, then resurrect 1, then draw another 1, then resurrect 1. Pick how many you're going to resurrect, do that, then draw the rest.

The Cleric's rewording is intended to prevent the misinterpretation that only one card could ever be resurrected, or that each card drawn as part of a multiple card draw was an individual circumstance so that a Cleric could do a "cherry picking" situation like I described above.
MiB #1029
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote