View Single Post
Old 09-26-2011, 11:44 PM   #25
Refplace

Default Re: Unkillable plus Spirit Form

OK I got my old files off the ruined laptop and tweaked them today.
Thought I would share for feedback and a thank you for the help.
Background will help get the gist of them so I included it as well.

Shadownaughts are an odd crossbreed of categories, not really a part of the normal hierarchies they instead exist between.
They are not gods but many worship them, they are not just spirits as they can take on physical form and they definitely are not mortal.
They come from before the current world and are thus as ancient as any God but are said to have once been mortal. It is said that the first one created was Osiris who was killed by his half brother Set and chopped into small pieces and buried all across the kingdom.
His wife Isis was a powerful mage and put him back together and then brought him back to life.
The spell or powers she used melded him with Nature itself and he became something new. from there they created other Shadownaughts and when the Old Kingdom was destroyed they survived.

Shadownaught Template [347]
(All forms must have these advantages, treat as a set of individual powers over and above)
Unkillable 3 [150], Unaging [15], Illuminated [15], Racial memory [40], Immunity to Wizard/Realm Powers [30], Regeneration 1hp/hour [25]
The nature of their being anchors them to primal forces in such a way that Realm powers cant adjust or directly affect them. This does not block indirect attacks such as fire blasts and the like, nor does it affect magic.
Alternate Form Ba (Reciprocal rest. +30%, Non-Reciprocal Damage, +50%) (base 15 *1.8 +43 (90% of difference in forms) [70]
Alternate Form Khat (Reciprocal rest. +30%, Non-Reciprocal Damage, +50%) [27]

Natural or default body is a Spirit and the ability to assume human form is AF (Alternate Form)
Spirit Form KA (Earthly Spirit or Shade) [242]
Doesn't Breathe [20], Doesn't Eat or Drink [10], Doesn't Sleep [20], Immunity to metabolic hazards [30], Insubstantiality (Affect Substantial, +100%; Usually On, -40%) [128], Invisibility (Substantial only, -10%; Usually On, +5%; Visible Shadow, -10%) [34],

Human Form Khat [0]

Spirit Form Ba [290]
This is the spirit form that exits fully in the spirit realm. As such it does not have many classic spirit advantages since spirits are visible and substantial to each other there.
Doesn't Breathe [20], Doesn't Eat or Drink [10], Doesn't Sleep [20], Immunity to metabolic hazards [30],, World Jumper (Tracking, +20%, New Worlds, +50%) [170], Social Regard +2 [10] Terror (Utter Words of Power) [30]

The basic cost to be a Shadownaught is thus 589 (Shadownaught template and Spirit form Ka as the default body or race template)
A typical shadownaught would be considerably more points and most have extensive magic abilities and modest combat skills.

EDIT: This is not for a DF game, that had not existed yet when I built these guys. This is an adaptation of the Mummies from the World of Darkness and we used a 3e version for a Mage/Werewolf/Vampire game back in the day. though no one ever played a Mummy, there just not as popular even in WOD.

Last edited by Refplace; 09-27-2011 at 12:08 AM. Reason: Added flavor info
Refplace is offline   Reply With Quote