View Single Post
Old 07-31-2010, 10:08 AM   #1
Natael

Default GURPS calculator utility program - Now in Java

Way back in February or so I released a GURPS calculator utility to the forum, it did a good job of doing quick calculations for throwing distance and damage, how long/far you can jump, and how many dice to roll for collision damage.

I got a few requests for a java version, as there were unix/linux users that wanted to have a look. Now, after about half a year, I finally got off my lazy butt and converted it. Based on it being multi-platform, and only having a windows machine to test it on, I'm not sure how it will wind up looking, but it should function correctly.

There are a couple of things not entirely by the book in this program. For example, the throwing distances. Instead of setting up a chart like the book does, I plotted all of the points onto a graph and snagged that equation for my program.

Java version New version is up, hopefully fixed some windowing issues.
Windows version

Feel free to take the program and distribute it to your heart's content. Please let me know if you find any bugs, or if there is something extra that you feel would be appreciated in a calculator utility. I know that the windows version is pretty much bug free, though have not been able to extensively test the java yet.

Thank you, hope you enjoy.

Last edited by Natael; 09-17-2010 at 06:41 PM.
Natael is offline   Reply With Quote