Steve Jackson Games Forums

Steve Jackson Games Forums (http://forums.sjgames.com/index.php)
-   Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game (http://forums.sjgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=95)
-   -   Dungeon Fantasy Companion 2 (http://forums.sjgames.com/showthread.php?t=166587)

Rasputin 01-20-2020 12:15 PM

Re: Dungeon Fantasy Companion 2

At $4,180 (83.6%) as I post this. This will easily fund.

Rasputin 01-20-2020 02:14 PM

And it has funded!

Dalin 01-20-2020 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rasputin (Post 2305386)
And it's has funded!

Happy dance!

Agurpsplayer 01-22-2020 07:01 PM

Just backed this, but I wasn't able to at "add-ons". Really wanted to pick up the Kitten Dice for my wife. I tried editing and couldn't buy the dice there either. Any suggestions?

Turhan's Bey Company 01-22-2020 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Agurpsplayer (Post 2305717)
Just backed this, but I wasn't able to at "add-ons". Really wanted to pick up the Kitten Dice for my wife. I tried editing and couldn't buy the dice there either. Any suggestions?

It seems like an explanation of add-ons should be one of their FAQs, since this comes up in every campaign.

If you want add-on items, you can't (and won't) specify them now. It's separate from the tiered rewards (PDF, physical book, DFRPG, etc.). You can pledge the total amount of your tiered reward + add-ons now and have that total charged at the end of the campaign. When they open Backerkit, which is what they use to collect mailing addresses and otherwise manage fulfillment, you can specify the specific items you want. Or you can just pledge the amount for your tiered reward, add it in in Backerkit when that happens, and be charged that extra amount then.

In most of their campaigns, pledging the money for the add-ons now rather than later matters because that counts towards stretch goals. However, since there are no stretch goals for this project, it doesn't matter one way or another.

To sum up, then: increase your pledge now or pay the additional amount later, but either way, you won't specify what add-ons you're getting until later.

DouglasCole 01-22-2020 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Agurpsplayer (Post 2305717)

Plus up your pledge for the add-ons now, you select them in Backerkit.

Andrew Hackard 01-22-2020 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DouglasCole (Post 2305719)
Plus up your pledge for the add-ons now, you select them in Backerkit.

Or you can add them in BackerKit later and not worry about mathing it out right now. We're happy for people to do it either way.

Agurpsplayer 01-22-2020 09:28 PM

Thanks! Really excited for this.

DouglasCole 01-22-2020 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew Hackard (Post 2305724)
Or you can add them in BackerKit later and not worry about mathing it out right now. We're happy for people to do it either way.

Yah. That's a good point. My reflexive answer is "add now!" because that helps with the - absent for this campaign [1] - stretch goals.

[1] Personally, I like this. I suspect that my next TFT campaign, "More Perilous Journeys" will not have stretch goals either. Part of getting more experienced with production and Kickstarter is to realize when "I can plan for exactly what I have to do months ahead of time, and I think I have an offering folks will groove on" is more than sufficient.

Taneli 01-23-2020 01:55 AM

Backed, at $10.02 for the pdf, plus my two cents ;)

No further options for us avid GURPS collectors who already have everything & live on the other side of the pond.