Steve Jackson Games Forums

Steve Jackson Games Forums (http://forums.sjgames.com/index.php)
-   Other Munchkin Games (http://forums.sjgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   Panic: Monsters Moving into Castle Position (http://forums.sjgames.com/showthread.php?t=139872)

ChargerFan2121 11-16-2015 10:43 PM

Panic: Monsters Moving into Castle Position
 
Hi, I just received my copy of Munchkin Panic (thanks #SJGamesLive) and had a couple of questions regarding monsters and once they move into the castle position.
1. If a monster moves into a castle's position, can they only be attacked with Swordsman of that color still?

2. When a monster rotates clockwise at the end of a turn and there is a castle and wall standing in the monster's new position, does it attack the wall or the castle?

Thanks and I can't wait to play it with a group of friends. I tried by myself to make sure I understood the rules and got absolutely destroyed haha!

Andrew Hackard 11-16-2015 11:03 PM

Re: Panic: Monsters Moving into Castle Position
 
Monsters in the Castle ring can only be attacked with cards that have a castle symbol on them -- which is why you don't want to let monsters in your castle!

Once a monster is in your castle, it ignores walls completely. Every time it rotates into a space with a tower in it, it knocks down that tower and takes one hit. You lose the game if you lose your last tower, even if you still have walls left.

ChargerFan2121 11-16-2015 11:47 PM

Re: Panic: Monsters Moving into Castle Position
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew Hackard (Post 1954298)
Monsters in the Castle ring can only be attacked with cards that have a castle symbol on them -- which is why you don't want to let monsters in your castle!

Do you mean any cards that have "Castle Card" on the back of them? I didn't see any cards that had a special icon or symbol relating to a castle other than these.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew Hackard (Post 1954298)
Once a monster is in your castle, it ignores walls completely. Every time it rotates into a space with a tower in it, it knocks down that tower and takes one hit. You lose the game if you lose your last tower, even if you still have walls left.

Thanks! I figured this was the case but just wanted to make sure.

Andrew Hackard 11-16-2015 11:58 PM

Re: Panic: Monsters Moving into Castle Position
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChargerFan2121 (Post 1954305)
Do you mean any cards that have "Castle Card" on the back of them? I didn't see any cards that had a special icon or symbol relating to a castle other than these.

No, I meant cards with a tower icon on them; I erred in calling it a "castle" icon.

ChargerFan2121 11-17-2015 09:05 AM

Re: Panic: Monsters Moving into Castle Position
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew Hackard (Post 1954310)
No, I meant cards with a tower icon on them; I erred in calling it a "castle" icon.

Thanks! I found the very few cards with a tower icon on them! This makes the game a whole lot harder and those select cards way more valuable.

Andrew Hackard 11-17-2015 09:34 AM

Re: Panic: Monsters Moving into Castle Position
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChargerFan2121 (Post 1954389)
Thanks! I found the very few cards with a tower icon on them! This makes the game a whole lot harder and those select cards way more valuable.

Yup! That was the point.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:09 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.