Steve Jackson Games Forums

Steve Jackson Games Forums (http://forums.sjgames.com/index.php)
-   The Fantasy Trip (http://forums.sjgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=100)
-   -   Who's going to be at Origins? (http://forums.sjgames.com/showthread.php?t=157875)

Steve Jackson 06-11-2018 07:44 PM

Who's going to be at Origins?
 
Me. Drew. Who else?

wolf90 06-11-2018 09:37 PM

Re: Who's going to be at Origins?
 
Seriously.

Crickets?

C'mon, guys (& gals!) . . .

D.

zot 06-11-2018 11:48 PM

Re: Who's going to be at Origins?
 
If I was in the country, I would so be going to Origins. I'm totally bummed :(.

Melichor 06-12-2018 07:30 AM

Re: Who's going to be at Origins?
 
To be honest. We were going, but aren't now.
I want my game conventions to be about gaming, not ideological agendas.

Rick_Smith 06-12-2018 07:53 AM

Re: Who's going to be at Origins?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Melichor (Post 2182282)
To be honest. We were going, but aren't now.
I want my game conventions to be about gaming, not ideological agendas.

What are you talking about? Since when is a game company promoting a game at a game convention, to old fans and interested new comers, an "ideological agenda?"

I would love to go, but it is across the continent from me. So sadly, no.

Rick

Terquem 06-12-2018 08:25 AM

Re: Who's going to be at Origins?
 
I've always wanted to go, but now I'm afraid to go.

Andrew Hackard 06-12-2018 08:45 AM

Re: Who's going to be at Origins?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Melichor (Post 2182282)
To be honest. We were going, but aren't now.
I want my game conventions to be about gaming, not ideological agendas.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rick_Smith (Post 2182291)
What are you talking about? Since when is a game company promoting a game at a game convention, to old fans and interested new comers, an "ideological agenda?"

Nope. We are not having that argument here. Google is your friend and "Origins guest controversy" will get you started.

Cadmus 06-12-2018 09:44 AM

Re: Who's going to be at Origins?
 
I was going originally (would have been my first Origins and it's practically down the street from me) but cancelled my ticket based on the controversy that Andrew mentioned.

That said, I appreciate Steve and Andrew and all at Steve Jackson Games keeping their games about games and fun and not injecting politics and culture into them.

I'm sure we all have our opinions on what's going on in the world and country but it's nice to have an escape to enjoy without having to see and hear snattering back and forth.

Thanks!

Scott

P.S. Looking forward to seeing more on the Car Wars 6e (I know - another thread) and The Fantasy Trip fronts :-)

philreed 06-12-2018 10:01 AM

Re: Who's going to be at Origins?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cadmus (Post 2182307)
P.S. Looking forward to seeing more on the Car Wars 6e (I know - another thread) and The Fantasy Trip fronts :-)

We will not have Car Wars 6e at Origins. Sorry, but we're not yet ready to put the game in front of a larger audience.

Andrew Hackard 06-12-2018 10:11 AM

Re: Who's going to be at Origins?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cadmus (Post 2182307)
That said, I appreciate Steve and Andrew and all at Steve Jackson Games keeping their games about games and fun and not injecting politics and culture into them.

Once again, politics are OFF TOPIC here. Even when phrased as compliments. Expect infractions if the digression continues. Keep the conversation focused on TFT and you'll be fine.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:37 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.