Steve Jackson Games Forums

Steve Jackson Games Forums (http://forums.sjgames.com/index.php)
-   GURPS (http://forums.sjgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Shooting Dice Blog with GURPS content (http://forums.sjgames.com/showthread.php?t=140831)

HANS 01-04-2016 01:12 PM

Shooting Dice Blog with GURPS content

I've started blogging at Shooting Dice. All the current posts and many of the planned future ones deal with GURPS. The subtitle is "Guns and Gaming" ;)

My first two articles are supplements to High-Tech and Tactical Shooting.

Cheers

HANS

Kalzazz 01-05-2016 12:05 AM

Re: Shooting Dice Blog with GURPS content

How does that magazine holder work? It looks cool but just can't imagine how is meant to function

HANS 01-05-2016 12:10 AM

Just slip it on the belt. It holds the magazines facing outwards, rather than facing forwards, as you would normally set single magazine holders up. This makes the whole thing slightly less flat than normally, but it is still rather compact. With single holders, eight magazines would circle around my entire body (well, almost ;) ). With this thing, all are on my hip. That works brilliantly.

Cheers

HANS

Christopher R. Rice 01-05-2016 12:16 AM

Welcome to the Brotherhood of Bloggers Who Blog Too Much. :-)

PK 01-05-2016 08:38 AM

The new blog looks great. I'm definitely looking forward to reading more from you!

Juca 01-05-2016 11:45 AM

Hans, your blog seens promissing! Reading about "Collateral" was a blast, I could almost imagine it again in Gurps terms.
Keep going with the good work!

apoc527 01-05-2016 02:12 PM

Awesome stuff. Very exciting for GURPS enthusiasts and COC gamers!

evileeyore 01-05-2016 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juca (Post 1967369)
Hans, your blog seens promissing! Reading about "Collateral" was a blast, I could almost imagine it again in Gurps terms.
Keep going with the good work!

It's made me want to hunt down and watch the movie!

HANS 01-05-2016 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evileeyore (Post 1967462)
It's made me want to hunt down and watch the movie!

This is the kind of comment I want to see on the blog ;)

Thanks, everybody. I have a lot more content planned. Some of it in the same vein, other stuff very different, all of it hopefully interesting.

Cheers

HANS

Žorkell 01-05-2016 04:58 PM

Interesting and informative blog. I look forward to more.

I was reading about the P7M8 and whoever is holding that pistol is a geek, with that Star Wars tattoo. But I think it's a good way of showing the size of the pistol.

I have a question about "This is made worse by the fact that users of the P7 tend to squeeze and release constantly, unlike with other designs that are cocked once and then stay that way." This is I gather a quirk of the user, not of the pistol? I mean some people click pens incessantly and I presume people with that flaw would tend to do the same when presented with the P7...