Steve Jackson Games Forums

Steve Jackson Games Forums (http://forums.sjgames.com/index.php)
-   Munchkin Collectible Card Game (http://forums.sjgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Clarification on Allies (http://forums.sjgames.com/showthread.php?t=156332)

PJ3 03-07-2018 09:10 AM

Clarification on Allies

I was asked how allies work, and I want to be sure I was correct in my answer:

If you commit an Ally to a fight, then all damage is directed his way. If there is more than enough damage (after any defense from Loot) to squish the Ally, then any excess is lost and does not hit the Hero.

Devin Lewis 03-07-2018 09:15 AM

Re: Clarification on Allies

That's mostly correct. All the damage not prevented by abilities or blocked by Weapons is dealt to the Ally. Even if the Ally only has 2 Life, it takes all 5 damage (for example).

It's a very fine distinction, but necessary.

my6AM3RTA6 03-07-2018 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Devin Lewis (Post 2163588)
That's mostly correct. All the damage not prevented by abilities or blocked by Weapons is dealt to the Ally. Even if the Ally only has 2 Life, it takes all 5 damage (for example).

It's a very fine distinction, but necessary.

I'd refer to Section E as well... E.1.2 and E.1.3 explain what Devin pointed out and clarify further if multiple Allies are committed.

Owzat1982 03-11-2018 10:37 AM

If an ally takes damage but not enough to squish does the damage stay on the ally forever or does it get removed at the next warm up phase.

Trapt888 03-11-2018 04:47 PM

I would like that information also!

Andrew Hackard 03-11-2018 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Owzat1982 (Post 2164527)
If an ally takes damage but not enough to squish does the damage stay on the ally forever or does it get removed at the next warm up phase.

The damage stays on the Ally.

Trapt888 03-11-2018 08:14 PM

So it returns to the hoard with the damage counters?

Andrew Hackard 03-11-2018 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trapt888 (Post 2164602)
So it returns to the hoard with the damage counters?

Yes. Remember that Allies don't go to the stash; if they survive a fight, they return to the hoard immediately (but are still zapped and cannot be committed again that turn unless something is able to unzap them).

Owzat1982 03-12-2018 04:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew Hackard (Post 2164605)
Yes. Remember that Allies don't go to the stash; if they survive a fight, they return to the hoard immediately (but are still zapped and cannot be committed again that turn unless something is able to unzap them).

OK, just to clarify (sorry). Both allies and weapons are one use per turn only. When committing them to a fight you are Zapping them and they remain zapped until your next warm up phase when they become unzapped.

The exceptions to this are if the Allies/Weapons have an unzap ability (for example Machine Bow pay 1 gold to Unzap or Repeat offender roll 4-6 to unzap) .

PJ3 03-12-2018 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Owzat1982 (Post 2164647)
OK, just to clarify (sorry). Both allies and weapons are one use per turn only. When committing them to a fight you are Zapping them and they remain zapped until your next warm up phase when they become unzapped.

The exceptions to this are if the Allies/Weapons have an unzap ability (for example Machine Bow pay 1 gold to Unzap or Repeat offender roll 4-6 to unzap) .

That's the way I understand 'em (unless they get squished)