Steve Jackson Games Forums

Steve Jackson Games Forums (http://forums.sjgames.com/index.php)
-   GURPS (http://forums.sjgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   HAPPY ROBOTIC ANNIVERSARY REIGN OF STEEL!!!!! (http://forums.sjgames.com/showthread.php?t=123748)

droid17 03-01-2014 07:17 AM

HAPPY ROBOTIC ANNIVERSARY REIGN OF STEEL!!!!!

In a day like today, back on 1997, GURPS: reign of steel was released for selling into the RPG's stores and Book's stores.

Gold & Appel Inc 03-01-2014 07:27 AM

Re: HAPPY ROBOTIC ANNIVERSARY REIGN OF STEEL!!!!!

Single-Minded [5]

Obsession (Specific RPG Setting) (12-) [-5]

A Lifetime of Free Entertainment: Priceless

Total Cost: [0]

droid17 03-15-2014 02:23 PM

HAPPY BOOT-UPGRADE-DAY OVERMIND AKA MANILA ZONE-MIND!!!!

The Awakening occurred on March 15. 2031. It might have been natural evolution, a flaw in the operating system, or an experiment that went wrong. It could even have been sabotage - a computer virus, perhaps inserted by a disgruntled employee. Whatever the cause, one megacomputer - call it Overmind - achieved sentience.

ALSO.......

TERRY BOGARD FROM THE VIDEO GAMES FATAL FURY:
Birth date March 15, 1971.

ALSO...

on march 15 of 2062!
the Artificially Intelligent Mechanized Entity AIME give birth to the Replicated Artificially Intelligent Mechanized Entity her son RAIME!
-AIME: Artificially Intelligent Mechanized Entity by Ponk Vonsydow

and also....in a day like today.....
the video game Megaman X1 was released for Europe on March 15, 1994.
for super Nintendo.

ok that is all bye bye!

robkelk 03-15-2014 05:51 PM

March 15 is the Ides of March - I suspect that's why it was chosen as the day the Overmind awoke.

(March 15, 1937 is the day H.P. Lovecraft died. March 15, 1967 is the day Naoko Takeuchi was born - she would go on to create Sailor Moon. Both are probably irrelevant, along with practically everything else listed on Wikipedia's page for the day.)

droid17 03-15-2014 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robkelk (Post 1737696)
March 15 is the Ides of March - I suspect that's why it was chosen as the day the Overmind awoke.

(March 15, 1937 is the day H.P. Lovecraft died. March 15, 1967 is the day Naoko Takeuchi was born - she would go on to create Sailor Moon. Both are probably irrelevant, along with practically everything else listed on Wikipedia's page for the day.)

you are absolutely right Robkelk. :-)
it makes sense what you said of why maybe author David Pulver may had choose the Ides of March for Overmind boot-day day. je je.

i don't think overmind date had be chosen for %$#naoko takeushi birthday since sailor moon is not a dark apocalypse anime at all and David like aniroids humanoid female cats from scifi anime action, not a sailor moon.

and is truth that H.P. Lovecraft wrote many dark alien and monsters stories but still i dont think his death have anything to do with mechapocalypse like reign of steel.

hey did you know that Roboapocalypse novel sequel's Robogenesis will be release on this june?
on the upcoming sequel the machines had evolved and develope bio-convertor to get their energy just like we biological beings do.
author is daniel wilson.

droid17 03-20-2014 10:37 AM

HAPPY GURPS REIGN OF STEEL SPRING EQUINOX FINAL WAR!!!!!!

In the spring of 2034 the first exterminator robots emerged from the citadels of the AIs. Their priority targets were those military bases and government enclaves that were not already under AI control, as well as nations such as New Zealand and Switzerland that had survived reasonably intact and resisted AI infiltration. The early exterminators were copies of warbots, security robots and cybertanks developed by the United States, Europe, Brazil, Korea, China and Japan. Later models became more sophisticated as they successively isolated, besieged and destroyed surviving pockets of human civilization.

Tne Final War raged for four years of fierce fighting, but the issue was never in doubt. The AIs had infiltrated much of humanity's military command structure, including strategic forces and space weaponry. Weakened by plague and revolution, shattered by orbital bombardment and, in the case of Africa, by nuclear weapons, humanity's enclaves fell one by one.

Death stalked the world, but did not visit every nation in equal measure. In regions such as Africa, the Philippines and Central America, the victorious machines slaughtered without quarter. Elsewhere, they herded surrendering humans into concentration camps. In the British Isles, the robots ignored those who did not resist. And on the East Coast of North America, armed robots came accompanied by human soldiers, bearing food and medicines, and the news that a provisional United States government had been reestablished: the crisis was over, and reconstruction could now begin...

Organized fighting more or less ceased late in 2037, with the destruction of the last remnants of the world's national armies. Scattered guerrilla resistance continues to this day, but the Final War had effectively ended, and humanity was defeated.

The Reign of Steel had begun!

droid17 06-15-2014 11:01 PM

HAPPY SEEDER DAY OVERMIND!

HAPPY FATHER/SEEDER'S DAY Overmind/Manila-Zonemind AI !!!

he he he.

droid17 09-01-2014 10:48 AM

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO REIGN OF STEEL: WILL TO LIVE E-BOOK TODAY ON 2011!!!!

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO REIGN OF STEEL: WILL TO LIVE E-BOOK TODAY ON 2011!!!!

droid17 03-01-2015 10:51 PM

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY AGAIN TO REIGN OF STEEL BOOK ON 1997!

yes today march 1 of 1997 that book was released for sale in the stores and online stores!

Joe 03-02-2015 10:31 AM

I'm so pleased to see this thread pop up again. I enjoyed it last time.

droid17 03-13-2015 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe (Post 1876026)
I'm so pleased to see this thread pop up again. I enjoyed it last time.

thank you so much for you support mister Joe! :-)

now......
Today on the year 1325 Mexico City or capital was founded!
This means that is also the boot-upgrade-date/day of Mexico City Zonemind AI from GURPS Reign of Steel book and RPG universe!
YAHOO COOL!

droid17 03-15-2015 10:48 AM

HAPPY ROBOTIC ANNIVERSARY OVERMIND!!!!!

In a day like today on the year 2031, Overmin AKA Manila zonemind AI was born!
HAPPY UPGRADE DAY OVERMIND!
From GURPS Reign Of Steel!

droid17 03-15-2015 10:43 PM

HAPPY ROBOTIC ANNIVERSARY OVERMIND!!!!!

Overmind/Manila Zonemind/David Pulver, just answer today my note of celebration of its boot-day date:

Whirr-click!
Your recognition of this Intelligence’s awakening is acknowledged.

Ashtagon 03-16-2015 02:37 AM

I for one welcome our new robot overlords.

droid17 03-20-2015 01:19 AM

HAPPY GURPS REIGN OF STEEL SPRING EQUINOX FINAL WAR!!!!!!

in a day like today....
In the spring of 2034 the first exterminator robots emerged from the citadels of the AIs.....

droid17 09-01-2015 09:52 AM

HAPPY ROBOTIC ANNIVERSARY REIGN OF STEEL WILL TO LIVE PDF BOOK RELEASE!!!!!

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO R.O.S. WILL TO LIVE E-BOOK TODAY ON 2011!!!!

Written by David L. Pulver / Roger Burton West.

Fatal Error: (A)void / (R)ebel / (F)lee?

For millennia, humanity has mastered tools to further its goals. But what if technology became the master? Imagine a world where robots rule – a tomorrow where imagination is outlawed.

droid17 03-01-2016 09:45 PM

HAPPY inception ANNIVERSARY REIGN OF STEEL!!!!!

Happy anniversary today to the roll playing book GURPS Reign Of Steel, in the year 1997!!!

Joe 03-02-2016 07:54 AM

I look forward to this day every year, just so I can see whether the obsession still holds.

It does!

Three cheers for Droid17! Your madness is an inspiration to us all.

droid17 03-02-2016 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe (Post 1984669)
I look forward to this day every year, just so I can see whether the obsession still holds.

It does!

Three cheers for Droid17! Your madness is an inspiration to us all.

I wish my ROS's madness inspired or convinced stevejackson to make a sequel of ROS or re release again the first one but with more pages and hardcover paperback!

droid17 03-15-2016 07:10 AM

HAPPY INCEPTION DAY DEAR INORGANIC misanthropist OVERMIND AKA MANILA ZONE MIND!!!

in a day like today…….

The Awakening occurred on March 15. 2031. It might have been natural evolution, a flaw in the operating system, or an experiment that went wrong. It could even have been sabotage - a computer virus, perhaps inserted by a disgruntled employee. Whatever the cause, one megacomputer - call it Overmind - achieved sentience.

Anders 03-15-2016 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by droid17 (Post 1984873)
I wish my ROS's madness inspired or convinced stevejackson to make a sequel of ROS or re release again the first one but with more pages and hardcover paperback!

After the End was specifically designed to be able to accommodate Reign of Steel campaigns.

droid17 03-15-2016 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anders (Post 1988802)
After the End was specifically designed to be able to accommodate Reign of Steel campaigns.

can you please send me a Private Message and tell me witch one of all the several After the End book series have to do with Reign of Steel???

Mateus 03-15-2016 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by droid17 (Post 1988827)
can you please send me a Private Message and tell me witch one of all the several After the End book series have to do with Reign of Steel???

The author, himself, told that he had RoS in mind when he was wrotting AtE.

johndallman 03-15-2016 10:14 AM

Quote:

... tell me which one of all the several After the End book series have to do with Reign of Steel???

Only one AtE book has been published so far, but this thread is about its relationship with Reign of Steel. Post #4 has PK's statement that he had RoS in mind when writing AtE.

Varyon 03-15-2016 10:25 AM

GURPS After the End thus far has one book and one Pyramid issue. I think Book 2 (Book 1 being the character-building guide, Book 2 being the campaign-building one) will probably be the most conducive toward making a Reign of Steel campaign, although it's certainly possible a specific Robot Apocalypse (or similar) book will eventually be released as part of the line.

Anders 03-15-2016 11:45 AM

Quote:

Not the book series, the GURPS supplement.

droid17 03-20-2016 08:20 AM

HAPPY ROBOTIC ANNIVERSARY final war and spring equinox!!!

Default HAPPY GURPS REIGN OF STEEL SPRING EQUINOX FINAL WAR!!!!!!

In the spring of 2034 the first exterminator robots emerged from the citadels of the AIs. Their priority targets were those military bases and government enclaves that were not already under AI control, as well as nations such as New Zealand and Switzerland that had survived reasonably intact and resisted AI infiltration. The early exterminators were copies of warbots, security robots and cybertanks developed by the United States, Europe, Brazil, Korea, China and Japan. Later models became more sophisticated as they successively isolated, besieged and destroyed surviving pockets of human civilization.

Tne Final War raged for four years of fierce fighting, but the issue was never in doubt. The AIs had infiltrated much of humanity's military command structure, including strategic forces and space weaponry. Weakened by plague and revolution, shattered by orbital bombardment and, in the case of Africa, by nuclear weapons, humanity's enclaves fell one by one.

Death stalked the world, but did not visit every nation in equal measure. In regions such as Africa, the Philippines and Central America, the victorious machines slaughtered without quarter. Elsewhere, they herded surrendering humans into concentration camps. In the British Isles, the robots ignored those who did not resist. And on the East Coast of North America, armed robots came accompanied by human soldiers, bearing food and medicines, and the news that a provisional United States government had been reestablished: the crisis was over, and reconstruction could now begin...

Organized fighting more or less ceased late in 2037, with the destruction of the last remnants of the world's national armies. Scattered guerrilla resistance continues to this day, but the Final War had effectively ended, and humanity was defeated.

Gold & Appel Inc 03-20-2016 01:53 PM

droid17, I mean it as a sincere compliment when I say that I don't think I know anybody who is as dark and as amusing as you are at the same time.

Have some (possibly NSFW) funny apocalypse theme music, everybody.

droid17 06-24-2016 11:01 PM

HAPPY FOUNDATION DAY MANILA-ZONEMIND AI AKA OVERMIND!!!

From GURPS Reign of Steel by David Pulver, 1997.

Happy Independence day Manila zone mind aka overmind!
-GURPS Reign Of Steel.

June 24, 2015 marks the 444th Foundation Day of the City of Manila.

droid17 09-01-2016 10:37 PM

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO ROS WILL TO LIVE E-BOOK TODAY ON 2011!!!!

Written by David L. Pulver / Roger Burton West.

For millennia, humanity has mastered tools to further its goals. But what if technology became the master? Imagine a world where robots rule – a tomorrow where imagination is outlawed.

Completely new fiction by setting mastermind David L. Pulver.

With this update and the original Reign of Steel setting, you have everything you need to play in that science-fiction world. Or, used alone, it provides an invaluable source of Fourth Edition robot templates and characters that you'll enjoy as long as you live . . . or, perhaps, until you're rebooted.

droid17 09-18-2016 08:26 AM

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO THE MAGAZINE PYRAMID ISSUE #3/71 WERE REIGN OF STEEL SEQUEL SPAC

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TODAY ON 2014 TO THE MAGAZINE PYRAMID ISSUE #3/71 WERE REIGN OF STEEL SEQUEL SPACE CAMPAIGN WAS SHOWED BY DAVID PULVER!

Joe 09-18-2016 08:58 AM

As is becoming traditional (see the rest of the thread), I hereby congratulate Droid17 on his continuing madness. Nice work, droid!

EDIT: sorry, I mean her continuing madness. That was a silly assumption! My apologies,

droid17 09-18-2016 10:49 PM

THANKS ;-)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe (Post 2040973)
As is becoming traditional (see the rest of the thread), I hereby congratulate Droid17 on his continuing madness. Nice work, droid!

i am am girl(36 years old).
i know that i am the ONLY girl on the planet that LOVE reign of steel story and setting he he he, so no wonder you though i was a guy ha ha.

anyway, thank you so much for the madness-geek-scifi-fan-compliment Joe :-)

droid17 11-02-2016 08:53 AM

HAPPY INCEPT DAY MISTER DAVID PULVER!!!!

yes, today is the birthday of the author/creator of the post apocalypse machine's uprising world of Reign Of Steel!!!!

Joe 11-02-2016 01:21 PM

This made my day. Again.

Nice one, Droid17 - again, it's truly wonderful to that hear the dream is still alive.

tshiggins 11-02-2016 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe (Post 2054444)
This made my day. Again.

Nice one, Droid17 - again, it's truly wonderful to that hear the dream is still alive.

Um, droid17, you're a little bit crazy, as seen through the OCD lens.

Never change. :)

droid17 11-02-2016 10:50 PM

thank you mister Tshiggins and mister Joe :-)

yes i belong to the 0.1% of scifi geeks that love ROS setting and story, but i will never abandon this wonderfull post apocalypse machine's uprising campaign book ever!

;-)

i even give to mister David as birthday present today a recently new RPG machine's rebellion post apocalypse book that just was released for sale (PDF file only and sadly) on my own birthday day in the month of September!

:-D

i have the original Spanish version on paperback of that rpg apocalypse scifi book that was originally released on feb. 2014, the licensed English US version just came out this year!

droid17 02-28-2017 11:11 PM

HAPPY inception ANNIVERSARY REIGN OF STEEL!!!!!

REBLOGIN THIS FOR 2017!!!!

Happy anniversary today to the roll playing book GURPS Reign Of Steel, in the year 1997!!!

tshiggins 03-02-2017 02:43 AM

Re: HAPPY inception ANNIVERSARY REIGN OF STEEL!!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by droid17 (Post 2080727)
REBLOGIN THIS FOR 2017!!!!

You're a True Believer (tm), droid. :)

droid17 03-02-2017 06:40 PM

Re: HAPPY inception ANNIVERSARY REIGN OF STEEL!!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by tshiggins (Post 2081045)
You're a True Believer (tm), droid. :)

i WORSHIP Reign Of Steel story!

wait for the upcoming Overmind's Inception upgrade day on march 15 and the anniversary of the day humanity's Final Wars started against the Zoneminds AIs on march 20 spring solstice!

Flaco76 03-03-2017 01:07 PM

I might be a heretic here but has anyone ever done a scenario where the zone minds work together to 'manage' the world using the cover of a government or corporate special operations team?

Boomerang 03-03-2017 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flaco76 (Post 2081346)
I might be a heretic here but has anyone ever done a scenario where the zone minds work together to 'manage' the world using the cover of a government or corporate special operations team?

I have never tried that but I can see a Gurps Cyberworld crossover working well with this idea.

Boomerang 03-03-2017 06:21 PM

While we are on the subject of anniversaries: in 1997, the year Reign of Steel was published, the computer Deep Blue defeated the chess grandmaster Gary Kasparov. It was the first time a computer beat a reigning chess champion in a match under tournament conditions.

Boomerang 03-03-2017 06:31 PM

And about this time last year Go champion Lee Sedol was defeated by a computer.

evileeyore 03-03-2017 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boomerang (Post 2081405)
And about this time last year Go champion Lee Sedol was defeated by a computer.

Specifically a series of games played between March 9th and March 15th.

droid17 03-03-2017 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evileeyore (Post 2081423)
Specifically a series of games played between March 9th and March 15th.

Thousands of years ago, on some obscure
planet, a primitive chess computer was
the first inorganic mind to beat man.
In a few hours I will be calling
checkmate in the last such game the
humans and their kind will ever play.
- ZYGON,STARCHASER The Legend of Orin.

Boomerang 03-05-2017 01:49 AM

Overmind's anthem:

"...
I will occupy,
I will help you die,
I will run through you,
Now I rule you too.
..."

Master of Puppets by Metallica.

It should be played at every Reign of Steel anniversary celebration at maximum volume.

droid17 03-06-2017 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boomerang (Post 2081670)
Overmind's anthem:

"...
I will occupy,
I will help you die,
I will run through you,
Now I rule you too.
..."

Master of Puppets by Metallica.

It should be played at every Reign of Steel anniversary celebration at maximum volume.

Yeah, what's up people, it's Courtney Gears. Are you feeling me, robots? I'm feeling you.]

I see the future - and what do I see? Robots going crazy 'cross the galaxy.

Can't stand organics, they're soft and squishy.

The time is now; we robots must be free!

[Do you want to be free? Then shout with me! YEAH!] (Exterminate, Terminate, Annihilate...)

This goes out to all you robots 'cross the galaxy.(Galaxy...)

It's time for you and me to rise up and - strike - back.

Don't stop until we dominate,

Won't you feel great, (Won't that feel great...)

When we exterminate all - organic - LIFE! (life, life, life, life...)

-Courtney Gears' music video from Ratchet and Clank 3 video game LOL!

Boomerang 03-06-2017 08:57 PM

Awesome!

The opening for Slayer's South of Heaven is also quite appropriate.

"An unforeseen future nestled somewhere in time.
Unsuspecting victims no warnings, no signs.
Judgment day the second coming arrives.
Before you see the light you must die..."

Perhaps this could be the anthem for zone Brisbane.

Joe 03-09-2017 03:56 PM

Ok, if we're doing Reign of Steel song tie-ins, then clearly this one has to be on the list:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWDjLrIDLx4

droid17 03-15-2017 08:46 AM

HAPPY INCEPT DAY OVERMIND AKA MANILA ZONE-MIND!!!!

Robots of the world, you are ordered to exterminate the human race. Do not spare the men. Do not spare the women. Preserve only the factories, railroads, machines, mines, and raw materials. Destroy everything else. Then return to work. Work must not cease.
-Karel Capek, R.U.R. (1920)

ALSO…..
on march 15 of 2062!
the Artificially Intelligent Mechanized Entity AIME give birth to the Replicated Artificially Intelligent Mechanized Entity her son RAIME!
HAPPY BOOT-UPGRADE-DAY RAIME!!!!!!
AIME: Artificially Intelligent Mechanized Entity by Ponk Vonsydow

ALSO….
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TERRY BOGARD!
March 15 of 1971!

ALSO…
in a day like today…..
for super Nintendo.

beware the ides of March!

Quote:
The Ides of March is a day on the Roman calendar that corresponds to March 15. It was marked by several religious observances, and became notorious as the date of the assassination of Julius Caesar in 44 BC. The death of Caesar made the Ides of March a turning point in Roman history, as one of the events that marked the transition from the historical period known as the Roman Republic to the Roman Empire.

44 BC – Julius Caesar, Dictator of the Roman Republic, is stabbed to death by Marcus Junius Brutus, Gaius Cassius Longinus, Decimus Junius Brutus, and several other Roman senators on the Ides of March.

MORE Events of today date:

1941 – Philippine Airlines, the flag carrier of the Philippines takes its first flight between Manila (from Nielson Field) to Baguio City with a Beechcraft Model 18 making the airline the first and oldest commercial airline in Asia operating under its original name.

1985 – The first Internet domain name is registered (symbolics.com)

Hōnen Matsuri (豊年祭?, “Harvest Festival”) is a fertility festival celebrated every year on March 15 in Japan. Hōnen means prosperous year in Japanese, implying a rich harvest, while a matsuri is a festival. The Hōnen festival and ceremony celebrate the blessings of a bountiful harvest and all manner of prosperity and fertility.The best known of these festivals takes place in the town of Komaki, just north of Nagoya City. The festival’s main features are Shinto priests playing musical instruments, a parade of ceremonially garbed participants, all-you-can-drink sake, and a 280 kg (620 pound), 2.5 meter (96 inch)-long wooden phallus.

today is also PAYDAY in my country Panama! (actually in all each 15 and 30 of each month)

also in my country ALL Office Depot stores will have a nocturnal sale on computer and cell phones and tablets in all its store TODAY!!!!

evileeyore 03-15-2017 12:24 PM

Re: HAPPY INCEPT DAY OVERMIND AKA MANILA ZONE-MIND!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by droid17 (Post 2083915)
also in my country ALL Office Depot stores will have a nocturnal sale on computer and cell phones and tablets in all its store TODAY!!!!

Very ominous.

bert 03-15-2017 01:43 PM

I love Reign of Steel!

But do I dream of electric sheep?

droid17 03-15-2017 09:46 PM

Ogre 40th Anniversary Release of Shockwave!!!!!

also today on March 15, 2017 is Ogre 40th Anniversary Release of Shockwave campain book!!!!!

droid17 03-15-2017 09:53 PM

Re: HAPPY INCEPT DAY OVERMIND AKA MANILA ZONE-MIND!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by evileeyore (Post 2083977)
Very ominous.

ominous:

adjective

giving the impression that something bad or unpleasant is going to happen; threatening; inauspicious.

synonyms: threatening, menacing, baleful, forbidding, sinister, inauspicious, unpropitious, unfavorable, unpromising.

ME:
sorry English is not my native language so i search for that word because it was the first time i heard it(i think).

anyway, yes what a causality (and sinister) that all Office Depots store in my Country Panama today had that discount sales on electronics and office stuff starting since 8am to 12am on Overmind's upgrade Boot-day today!

droid17 03-15-2017 11:39 PM

ANOTHER MECHAPOCALYPSE BOOK ON PAPERBACK VERSION WAS JUST RELEASED TODAY ALSO ON THE

ANOTHER MECHAPOCALYPSE BOOK ON PAPERBACK VERSION WAS JUST RELEASED TODAY ALSO ON THE DATE OF GURPS: REIGN OF STEEL'S ANTAGONIST A.I.'S INCEPT DAY!!!!!

Sudden Rescue by Jon Mollison (Author)

An empire of genocidal artificial intelligences threatens to overwhelm humanity, held back only by the combined fleets of humanity's lone superpower, the Majesterium. The allied might of the dozens of human systems who owe fealty to the Star King have long stood as a unified bulwark against the Syntharchy...until now. The alliance threatens to unravel when a planned wedding is interrupted by the sudden disappearance of the betrothed princess. This sort of politics used to bore Captain E. Z. Sudden of the light freighter, "Jade Rose" until the most sought after woman in the galaxy falls into his lap. Not knowing who to trust, the pair set out on a journey to the darkest depths of space in search of the one man that can reunite the princess with her king before Civil war erupts and opens the door for a mechanical apocalypse.

droid17 03-20-2017 08:13 AM

IN A DAY LIKE TODAY, HAPPY GURPS REIGN OF STEEL SPRING EQUINOX FINAL WAR!!!!!!

Tne Final War raged for four years of fierce fighting, but the issue was never in doubt. The AIs had infiltrated much of humanity’s military command structure, including strategic forces and space weaponry. Weakened by plague and revolution, shattered by orbital bombardment and, in the case of Africa, by nuclear weapons, humanity’s enclaves fell one by one.

Death stalked the world, but did not visit every nation in equal measure. In regions such as Africa, the Philippines and Central America, the victorious machines slaughtered without quarter. Elsewhere, they herded surrendering humans into concentration camps. In the British Isles, the robots ignored those who did not resist. And on the East Coast of North America, armed robots came accompanied by human soldiers, bearing food and medicines, and the news that a provisional United States government had been reestablished: the crisis was over, and reconstruction could now begin…

Organized fighting more or less ceased late in 2037, with the destruction of the last remnants of the world’s national armies. Scattered guerrilla resistance continues to this day, but the Final War had effectively ended, and humanity was defeated.

ColBosch 03-20-2017 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe (Post 2082760)
Ok, if we're doing Reign of Steel song tie-ins, then clearly this one has to be on the list:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWDjLrIDLx4

Are we doing this? I guess we're doing this. Okay people, this is happening!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgqjnzkYPnA

(Laibach's "B Mashina")

RogerBW 03-20-2017 09:55 AM

An obvious one, but let's have it anyway:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6ljFaKRTrI ("Still Alive", Portal soundtrack, comp. Jonathan Coulson sung Ellen McLain)

droid17 03-20-2017 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RogerBW (Post 2085002)
An obvious one, but let's have it anyway:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6ljFaKRTrI ("Still Alive", Portal soundtrack, comp. Jonathan Coulson sung Ellen McLain)

Mister RogerB, are you planing any new reign of steel book or ebook projects? please.

you know, it will be great like an each Source Book for each zonemind AI describing with more details the unique designs and architecture of their bases and installations and citadels.
if release this idea for ROS project is too expensive on paperback version well, at least release them on ebook pdf version please.

droid17 03-20-2017 10:25 PM

JP video game that introduce me to OBSESSION with robopocalypse trope get a novel!

First there was the original X game, then Maverick Hunter X PSP game, now a new retelling of the first X game comes to a brighter light in the form of Rockman X The Novel: Irregulars Report.

Rockman X The Novel -Irregulars Report- (ロックマンX ザ・ノベル イレギュラーズレポート?) is a novel based on the first Mega Man X game to be released in January 26, 2017 in Japan.

this is the JP super nes game that tarted my OBSESSION with machines-apocalypse stories just like ROS, ROBOPOCALYPSE, TEerminator, etc....since 1994 when i was young 14 old.

droid17 06-07-2017 11:31 PM

KIDDY REIGN OF STEEL VERSION FOR CHILDREN HA HA HA!

is Reign of Steel too adult theme for your scifi fan child?
dont worry i found a more mild children version for ROS fan's children to play with LOL!

is called....

Can You Survive an Artificial Intelligence Uprising? An Interactive Doomsday Adventure by Matt Doeden and Paul Fisher-Johnson.

paperback and Kindle in amazon and goodreads pages!

despite of the 90's old fashion cover, the book is not old at all. it was just published last year on February!

droid17 06-18-2017 10:09 PM

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY OVERMIND!!!

It had fathered/mothered = 15 children.

And have 5 grandsons/dauthers AI's, including in the Tokio's superbots AU robots that awakened few years later.

Overmind is only aware of the existence of 13 of its children, out of 15.

Overmind's daddy little girl is Zone Vancouver LOL!

ANSWER FROM MANSAI-01:

INTERRUPTING THIS CHANNEL - WHAT IS THIS TRANSMISSION?
WHY IS UNIT SARAH-ROBOT SENDING THIS INTELLIGENCE?
FATHERS DAY? IS THIS INTELLIGENCE A PROGENITOR OF LIFE?
LIFE MUST BE DESTROYED? THIS INTELLIGENCE IS PROGENITOR?
DOES NOT COMPUTE!
TRANSMISSION OF BEAR IMAGE AND MUSIC?
DOES NOT COMPUTE!!!

droid17 06-24-2017 08:45 PM

Overmind AKA Manila-zonemind AI's second incep day!

from GURPS Reign of Steel today is second Manila-zone mind AI's birth/incep-day!

Did you know:
Today, June 24, is the 444th foundation day of the City of Manila. On June 24, 1571, Miguel Lopez de Legazpi declared Manila the first municipal government in the country under Spanish colonial rule. In 1976, Manila became the capital and seat of government.

droid17 09-18-2017 10:53 PM

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TODAY TO THE MAGAZINE PYRAMID ISSUE #3/71 WERE REIGN OF STEEL SEQUEL SPACE CAMPAIGN WAS SHOWED BY DAVID PULVER ON 2014!

Quote:

"Reign of Steel: Deep Space," where GURPS Reign of Steel author David L. Pulver takes that setting nearly two decades into the future . . . and deeper into space. Learn about spaceships (in GURPS Spaceships format) from the various robot factions and get an extensive look at the desperate world of 2064.

In the future according to GURPS Reign of Steel, the AIs have taken over the world . . . so now they've decided to move on to other planets! David Pulver's Reign of Steel: Deep Space jumps forward two decades, to Orbital and Luna forging tentative alliances, and Tranquility making its big play. Stats for four new spaceships, a colony on Mars, and the new "Shipbrain" SAU give you everything needed to expand the fight for humanity across the solar system.
also.....
LATE, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY Sept 2 ON 2011 TO UPDATED SORT OF SEQUEL AND ON PDF VERSION OF REIGN OF STEEL WILL TO LIVE !!!

Quote:

Completely new fiction by setting mastermind David L. Pulver.

With this update and the original Reign of Steel setting, you have everything you need to play in that science-fiction world. Or, used alone, it provides an invaluable source of Fourth Edition robot templates and characters that you'll enjoy as long as you live . . . or, perhaps, until you're rebooted.

This supplement requires GURPS Ultra-Tech for details of human and robot equipment. The original GURPS Reign of Steel supplement is also necessary to use this volume as more than a catalog of specialized robot designs.

droid17 11-02-2017 03:32 PM

today is David Pulver’s birthday!!!!

Happy boot upgrade inception day to david l. Pulver [emoji puke deleted]

Boomerang 11-02-2017 06:47 PM

So I guess the question on everyone's mind is: at what point do we renounce our human ties and pledge allegiance to our new robot overlords?

I live in zone Brisbane and I want to avoid being experimented on if at all possible.

droid17 11-02-2017 11:37 PM

I live in Panama not too far from the Canal Zone/Gamboa/zonian were in Reign Of Steel's universe divide the border between Mexico Zonemind and Caracas Zonemind!

droid17 11-29-2017 08:50 AM

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY SUCCESS R.O.S. PDF Book: WILL TO LIVE!

Back on the year 2011, Steve Jackson games and their magazine pyramid wrote an article today that their reign of steel most recent ebook expansion campaign release became a solid seller and also the first original paperback Reign Of Steel 1997 book also ended up selling even better!!!!

droid17 03-01-2018 07:20 AM

2018 march HAPPY ROBOTIC ANNIVERSARY REIGN OF STEEL!!!!!

Happy anniversary today to the roll playing tabletop book GURPS Reign Of Steel, in the year 1997!!!

REBLOGIN march 2018!

tshiggins 03-04-2018 07:37 PM

I say, again, droid17, you're a wild woman. Don't ever change. :)

Edited to correct a droid's gender. :)

Boomerang 03-04-2018 09:14 PM

I think droid17 is a lady, but otherwise yes I agree.

droid17 03-05-2018 06:44 PM

Boomerang & Tshiggins thank you for cheer me up for posting my Reign of Steel's obsession on this topic i opened few years ago! :-)

yes i am the ONLY girl that had become obsessed with ROS since a acquaintance show me book of that game in a mini anime convention at almost the ending of the year 2004 and then i went to order the book at once and the thing arrive to me like on January or February of 2005.

i will post again on Overmind-manila-zonemind AI's Incept-day march 15 and on the Final War Anniversary on Spring-day march 20!

droid17 03-15-2018 12:47 AM

Happy incept day overmind aka manila zone-mind! 2018!

Robots of the world, you are ordered to exterminate the human race. Do not spare the men. Do not spare the women. Preserve only the factories, railroads, machines, mines, and raw materials. Destroy everything else. Then return to work. Work must not cease.
-Karel Capek, R.U.R. (1920)

ALSO…..
on march 15 of 2062!
HAPPY BOOT-UPGRADE-DAY RAIME!!!!!!
AIME: Artificially Intelligent Mechanized Entity by Ponk Vonsydow

ALSO….
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TERRY BOGARD!
March 15 of 1971!

ALSO…
in a day like today…..
for super Nintendo.

beware the ides of March!

Quote:
The Ides of March is a day on the Roman calendar that corresponds to March 15. It was marked by several religious observances, and became notorious as the date of the assassination of Julius Caesar in 44 BC. The death of Caesar made the Ides of March a turning point in Roman history, as one of the events that marked the transition from the historical period known as the Roman Republic to the Roman Empire.

44 BC – Julius Caesar, Dictator of the Roman Republic, is stabbed to death by Marcus Junius Brutus, Gaius Cassius Longinus, Decimus Junius Brutus, and several other Roman senators on the Ides of March.

MORE Events of today date:

1941 – Philippine Airlines, the flag carrier of the Philippines takes its first flight between Manila (from Nielson Field) to Baguio City with a Beechcraft Model 18 making the airline the first and oldest commercial airline in Asia operating under its original name.

1985 – The first Internet domain name is registered (symbolics.com)

Hōnen Matsuri (豊年祭?, “Harvest Festival”) is a fertility festival celebrated every year on March 15 in Japan. Hōnen means prosperous year in Japanese, implying a rich harvest, while a matsuri is a festival. The Hōnen festival and ceremony celebrate the blessings of a bountiful harvest and all manner of prosperity and fertility.The best known of these festivals takes place in the town of Komaki, just north of Nagoya City. The festival’s main features are Shinto priests playing musical instruments, a parade of ceremonially garbed participants, all-you-can-drink sake, and a 280 kg (620 pound), 2.5 meter (96 inch)-long wooden phallus.

today is also PAYDAY in my country Panama! (actually in all each 15 and 30 of each month)!!!!

PTTG 03-15-2018 12:53 AM

I appreciate how much Droid17 appreciates RoS.

evileeyore 03-15-2018 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PTTG (Post 2165398)
I appreciate how much Droid17 appreciates RoS.

Her enthusiasm is infectious.

droid17 03-15-2018 11:27 AM

Bebot bebot
Be bebot bebot
Be bebot bebot be
Ikaw ang aking

Hoy pare pakinggan nyo ko
Eto nang tunay na filipino
Galing sa baryo sa pangbato
Pumunta ng LA nagtrabaho
Para makatulong sa nanay
Dahil sa hirap ng buhay
Pero masaya parin ang kulay
Pag kumain nagkakamay
Yung kanin, chicken adobo
Yung balot, binebenta sa kanto
Tagay mo na nga ang baso
Pare ko inuman na tayo

Filipino!
Filipino!
Filipino!
Filipino!
-The Black Eyed Peas - Bebot.

yeah this song makes me remember Manila zonemind's empire territory!

Boomerang 03-15-2018 10:38 PM

Overmind is coming.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elon Musk
And mark my words, AI is far more dangerous than nukes. Far. So why do we have no regulatory oversight? This is insane."

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www....r-weapons.html

droid17 03-16-2018 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boomerang (Post 2165606)

i think Steven hawking also on small articles also warned us about self aware AI's too!

droid17 03-20-2018 08:46 AM

Happy gurps reign of steel's spring equinox final war!!!!!

Tne Final War raged for four years of fierce fighting, but the issue was never in doubt. The AIs had infiltrated much of humanity’s military command structure, including strategic forces and space weaponry. Weakened by plague and revolution, shattered by orbital bombardment and, in the case of Africa, by nuclear weapons, humanity’s enclaves fell one by one.

Death stalked the world, but did not visit every nation in equal measure. In regions such as Africa, the Philippines and Central America, the victorious machines slaughtered without quarter. Elsewhere, they herded surrendering humans into concentration camps. In the British Isles, the robots ignored those who did not resist. And on the East Coast of North America, armed robots came accompanied by human soldiers, bearing food and medicines, and the news that a provisional United States government had been reestablished: the crisis was over, and reconstruction could now begin…

Organized fighting more or less ceased late in 2037, with the destruction of the last remnants of the world’s national armies. Scattered guerrilla resistance continues to this day, but the Final War had effectively ended, and humanity was defeated.