Steve Jackson Games Forums

Steve Jackson Games Forums (http://forums.sjgames.com/index.php)
-   Munchkin Collectible Card Game (http://forums.sjgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Rarity (http://forums.sjgames.com/showthread.php?t=156542)

Trapt888 03-17-2018 10:56 PM

Rarity
 
Could someone, preferably Mr. Hackard, explain x w and v rarities and which is more rare and how that whole thing works.

Valkyrie 03-18-2018 11:02 AM

Re: Rarity
 
Not an expert, but commons & uncommon are pretty normal, there is at least 1 Rare (or even rarer) in each booster pack, but you still could get multiple rares. Very rare cards (V) do not necessarily come in every pack. They are (obviously) rarer than Rare Cards. Special (X) cards are, well, special. They are even rarer than super rare. These are usually large art cards or the munchkin throwback cards that are brown and white-ish. We destroyed most of these (W) are very rare, and are desired after.

Trapt888 03-18-2018 01:28 PM

Re: Rarity
 
Why do I have sooo many more x cards than v then? Am I just lucky? Lol

ClassicFrog 03-18-2018 07:49 PM

Re: Rarity
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Trapt888 (Post 2166138)
Why do I have sooo many more x cards than v then? Am I just lucky? Lol

i do think it can be confusing but many of those X cards you have are just alt art cards of commons. theres only (i think) 7 actual x rarity cards that aren't some form of alternate art. and those are rarer than V.

HunterS 03-19-2018 03:23 PM

Re: Rarity
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Trapt888 (Post 2166055)
Could someone, preferably Mr. Hackard, explain x w and v rarities and which is more rare and how that whole thing works.

Rarity goes like this:

C: Common
U: Uncommon
R: Rare
X: X Rarity
V: Very Rare
W: We Destroyed Most Of These

The only real exception is the Ace of Spades which is an X rare, but rarer than the other cards in the set. V's are rarer than R's and X's, and W's are rarer than everything except the Ace.

HunterS 03-19-2018 03:24 PM

Re: Rarity
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Crocs54 (Post 2166123)
Not an expert, but commons & uncommon are pretty normal, there is at least 1 Rare (or even rarer) in each booster pack, but you still could get multiple rares. Very rare cards (V) do not necessarily come in every pack. They are (obviously) rarer than Rare Cards. Special (X) cards are, well, special. They are even rarer than super rare. These are usually large art cards or the munchkin throwback cards that are brown and white-ish. We destroyed most of these (W) are very rare, and are desired after.

Almost. V rares are rarer than most X's (aside from the Ace of Spades), and W is the rarest of the rarities.

Bithlord 03-20-2018 11:32 AM

Re: Rarity
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by HunterS (Post 2166413)
Rarity goes like this:

C: Common
U: Uncommon
R: Rare
X: X Rarity
V: Very Rare
W: We Destroyed Most Of These

The only real exception is the Ace of Spades which is an X rare, but rarer than the other cards in the set. V's are rarer than R's and X's, and W's are rarer than everything except the Ace.

So, wait, are the X rares and the X alt arts appearing at the same frequency?

HunterS 03-20-2018 05:11 PM

Re: Rarity
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bithlord (Post 2166651)
So, wait, are the X rares and the X alt arts appearing at the same frequency?

Just about, the only X that is actively weirder was the Ace of Spades. Of course collation of a box and whatnot may mean more or less X's in a particular box.

Bithlord 03-21-2018 08:13 AM

Re: Rarity
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by HunterS (Post 2166721)
Just about, the only X that is actively weirder was the Ace of Spades. Of course collation of a box and whatnot may mean more or less X's in a particular box.

I've never asked for a specific count/guarantee of any given rarity per box, and it bothers me that people STILL think that's what I want.

I'm just trying to figure out relative frequencies of rarities. I understand statistics, and that it is possible to get 0 X in a box even when the frequency of X's is (hypothetically) 1 out of 10 packs.

Also: It's worth noting that, since X rares and Alt art X's are the same frequency, X rares are substantially more difficult to obtain than they appear. This is because while your odds of getting an X rarity card in general may not be high, only a fraction of those are the unique cards.

Cactus Jack 08-30-2019 02:56 PM

Re: Rarity
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Valkyrie (Post 2166123)
Not an expert, but commons & uncommon are pretty normal, there is at least 1 Rare (or even rarer) in each booster pack, but you still could get multiple rares. Very rare cards (V) do not necessarily come in every pack. They are (obviously) rarer than Rare Cards. Special (X) cards are, well, special. They are even rarer than super rare. These are usually large art cards or the munchkin throwback cards that are brown and white-ish. We destroyed most of these (W) are very rare, and are desired after.

Got my first [W], very exciting time in my life :P


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:21 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.