Steve Jackson Games Forums

Steve Jackson Games Forums (http://forums.sjgames.com/index.php)
-   Munchkin Collectible Card Game (http://forums.sjgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Loot-Weapons Question (http://forums.sjgames.com/showthread.php?t=156062)

my6AM3RTA6 02-24-2018 05:37 AM

Loot-Weapons Question

How are opponent's Loot-Weapons squished? It doesn't seem like there is a way to actually squish them via a fight unless there is a specific action noted on a card. Is that correct?

I do understand the player can squish there own loot, but committing Loot-Weapons to a fight effectively zaps it and then returns it to your Hoard and unzapped during Warmup. Just want to be sure I'm interpreting this correctly.

philreed 02-24-2018 07:29 AM

Re: Loot-Weapons Question

Quote:

Originally Posted by my6AM3RTA6 (Post 2161122)
How are opponent's Loot-Weapons squished? It doesn't seem like there is a way to actually squish them via a fight unless there is a specific action noted on a card. Is that correct?

Loot isn't typically squished in a fight. A player can choose to zap and squish his own loot (to make room for different loot) and some card abilities interact with loot.

Does that help?

my6AM3RTA6 02-28-2018 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philreed (Post 2161134)
Loot isn't typically squished in a fight. A player can choose to zap and squish his own loot (to make room for different loot) and some card abilities interact with loot.

Does that help?

Yes, thank you. And once a weapon is zapped during a fight, it returns to the Hoard (not Stash) zapped until your next turn or you have a card with an ability to unzap... correct?

Aleph 02-28-2018 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by my6AM3RTA6 (Post 2162144)
Yes, thank you. And once a weapon is zapped during a fight, it returns to the Hoard (not Stash) zapped until your next turn or you have a card with an ability to unzap... correct?

That is correct.

wittzo 03-05-2018 12:10 AM

The Ferrous Oxide Monster immediately came to mind as an example of how an opponent's card can squish your loot card.

GamerIRL 03-05-2018 08:11 AM

Doesnít the loot take damage? If the monster has one power and the loot item has 1 defense, doesnít that squish the loot weapon? Because it was defeated.

Andrew Hackard 03-05-2018 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GamerIRL (Post 2163128)
Doesnít the loot take damage? If the monster has one power and the loot item has 1 defense, doesnít that squish the loot weapon? Because it was defeated.

Nope. Loot doesn't have life and doesn't take damage.

GamerIRL 03-05-2018 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew Hackard (Post 2163131)
Nope. Loot doesn't have life and doesn't take damage.

Wow Iíve been paying wrong! Thanks! Literally changes everything lol

PJ3 03-07-2018 09:01 AM

A loot's defense stops that much damage from getting to the Hero/Ally

Owzat1982 03-08-2018 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GamerIRL (Post 2163172)
Wow Iíve been paying wrong! Thanks! Literally changes everything lol

Yeah me too. Also think I have passed my bad rules onto another..... poor kid, Hes going to be so confused if he plays it again with people from outside his family.