Steve Jackson Games Forums

Steve Jackson Games Forums (http://forums.sjgames.com/index.php)
-   Play By Post (http://forums.sjgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=65)
-   -   [OOC] The Starship 'Fritjof Nansen' (http://forums.sjgames.com/showthread.php?t=115125)

sir_pudding 08-21-2013 09:15 PM

Re: [OOC] The Starship 'Fritjof Nansen'

Quote:

Originally Posted by Agemegos (Post 1632680)
Be quick! I have told Jeff that whomsoever submits his tenders first will get two bonus points, and whomever is second will get one bonus point*.

But it's just Wednesday night here now...

I can't even send anything for four hours and 44 minutes.

Agemegos 08-21-2013 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sir_pudding (Post 1632694)
But it's just Wednesday night here now...

I can't even send anything for four hours and 44 minutes.

You rascal! You are counting the midnight at 0000 Thursday! I meant 2400 Thursday! It won't be then for 11 hours and five minutes. Or nine hours five minutes, Apia time.

martinl 08-22-2013 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Agemegos (Post 1632630)
Aargh! I thought of doing some example character concepts to illustrate the focus and level of detail I want at this stage. And then I thought that I had better not post any good character ideas at the middle of the target space in case players in trying to be original then avoided good concepts. So I started thinking about bizarre and grossly unsuitable character concepts to illustrate form but not content. And now they have taken roost and my mind is occupied by a gang of freaks and misfits.

1. Do we get to see the examples?

2. Can you get them forum accounts?
(Clarification: The above is a bad joke, not advocation of sockpuppetry.)

jmurrell 08-22-2013 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Agemegos (Post 1632680)
Be quick! I have told Jeff that whomsoever submits his tenders first will get two bonus points, and whomever is second will get one bonus point*.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Agemegos
Spiffing! Have two bonus points.

Woot! (I think*)

Or am I just a prize birdbrain.

Agemegos 08-22-2013 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmurrell (Post 1633192)
Or am I just a prize birdbrain.

You could try offering those bonus points as an incentive to the other players to accede to your impatience.

Speaking of impatience, I suddenly realise that I did not PM you all to tell you I was starting this thread. Players not in the habit of kibbitzing the PBPs might not have noticed it!

Agemegos 08-22-2013 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by martinl (Post 1632944)
1. Do we get to see the examples?

How about this? The first player to submit his tenders gets two bonus points. The second gets one bonus point. The third tenderer I leave alone. The last player to tender his character suggestions is punished by my posting my awfully bad suggestions to this thread.
Quote:

2. Can you get them forum accounts? (Clarification: The above is a bad joke, not advocation of sockpuppetry.)
I'll ask. Perhaps Andrew Hackard would set them up for us. (Clarification: I kid! I kid! Put down that kickban button.)

sir_pudding 08-23-2013 03:26 AM

Esbouvier isn't contacted yet?

Agemegos 08-23-2013 04:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sir_pudding (Post 1633437)
Esbouvier isn't contacted yet?

Sigma B÷otis doesn't have any habitable planets this time around, so there's no way for a colony to get called S Bouvier. The organismic society of parahumans is on Simanta now. And always was, of course.

Agemegos 08-23-2013 05:17 AM

martinl scores the bonus point for the second tender.

That leaves sir_pudding and Luke Bunyip fighting it out to avoid the horrors of my dreadful characters.

sir_pudding 08-23-2013 03:36 PM

I need a colony with crazy violent storms.