Steve Jackson Games Forums

Steve Jackson Games Forums (http://forums.sjgames.com/index.php)
-   Roleplaying in General (http://forums.sjgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Another 2000 Things I Am No Longer Allowed To Do In An RPG (http://forums.sjgames.com/showthread.php?t=99924)

WaterAndWindSpirit 11-08-2018 02:33 AM

Re: Another 2000 Things I Am No Longer Allowed To Do In An RPG

503) Not allowed to play an alchemist using her herbal mixes to make extra money as a milkmaid.
503b) No, I can't even if I looked at the price of human milk online and human milk sells for between 50 and 150$ per liter depending on what the woman eats and drinks.
503c) Why do I even know about the price of human milk in the first place?

Anaraxes 11-08-2018 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WaterAndWindSpirit (Post 2220910)
503) 503c) Why do I even know about the price of human milk in the first place?

Welcome to RPGs. You never know what you might have to know.

WaterAndWindSpirit 11-08-2018 10:02 AM

503d) On second thought, the group doesn't want to know.

WaterAndWindSpirit 04-27-2019 12:03 AM

504) Yes, casting Awaken on a doggie and hoping for a good attribute roll so that the doggo can be a spellcaster works by RAW. Making a sentient and sapient Labrador just to say "now we have a Labracadabrador" is allowed by RAW, but the horrible pun doesn't justify me spending precious resources on it.

Hide 05-03-2019 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anaraxes (Post 2220957)
Welcome to RPGs. You never know what you might have to know.

I never ever expected finding that on here XD

johndallman 05-14-2019 06:17 PM

505a) As a first level (D&D5e) Paladin without a horse. I should not set out on a long-distance overland adventure armed only with a dagger and a 20' lance.

505b) The plan of dashing into the Temple of the Blight, wearing a robe we took from a cult member and shouting "we're under attack" has a drawback, in that it raises the alarm.

505c) When the party's dwarf gives me a sword taken from one of the animated skeletons that rest of the party had to rescue me from, I should take a moment to consider that somebody with Wisdom 5 seems to be behaving more sensibly than me.

505d) While resuming the raising-the-alarm act did actually let me get into the room with the boss fight, and even get behind the priest, and grappling drowning him in his own cauldron of boiling water is in some ways awesome, it isn't really all that paladinic.

WaterAndWindSpirit 06-24-2019 12:11 PM

506) My hacker can't create a ransomare that asks to play her favorite game and beat a target score/get a specific achievement before it releases the files of the victim.

tshiggins 06-24-2019 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WaterAndWindSpirit (Post 2270691)
506) My hacker can't create a ransomare that asks to play her favorite game and beat a target score/get a specific achievement before it releases the files of the victim.

Oh, I'm pretty sure any hacker worth the name can do that sort of thing, the question is not "can," but rather, "should." :)

After all, that sort of thing really upsets people, and using his or her favorite game may as well be a trademark.

WaterAndWindSpirit 06-25-2019 05:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tshiggins (Post 2270781)
Oh, I'm pretty sure any hacker worth the name can do that sort of thing, the question is not "can," but rather, "should." :)

After all, that sort of thing really upsets people, and using his or her favorite game may as well be a trademark.

That one was inspired by the "Rensenware" case. So it's realistically possible, just a prank that serves no purpose towards the adventure.

WaterAndWindSpirit 07-12-2019 08:57 AM

507) Yes, it is After the End. Still, some things are just ridiculous.
507a) No, a wooden chair is not basic equipment for the Mathematics skill.
507b) A 20 stories building intact except for one set of apartments having collapsed straight down is unlikely.
507c) A 20 stories building intact except for now being horizontal instead of vertical? That's even worse.
507d) Not even a critical success in Freight Handling should allow someone to carry a pile of bricks taller than himself on his head.
507e) There is no driving techniques allowing to use a wrench instead of a steering wheel.
507f) Not even widespread drug use justify a bathtub motorcycle.
507g) Not even a critical failure on an Architecture roll justify a balcony with no door to access it.
507h) Or a door on the second floor leading to a straight drop.
507i) I must not give an adventure to my PCs to somehow recover a bulldozer from the top of a skyscraper.
507j) A bicycle using boots instead of tires is ridiculous even by AtE standards.
507k) Same goes for a modified discarded single shot rocket launcher modified to fire shovels.
507l) Yes, it is cold during winders. That doesn't justify jury-rigging a stove on a car's shotgun seat
507m) A working airbag is gonna need more to hold it than a paper bag.