Steve Jackson Games Forums

Steve Jackson Games Forums (http://forums.sjgames.com/index.php)
-   Roleplaying in General (http://forums.sjgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Another 2000 Things I Am No Longer Allowed To Do In An RPG (http://forums.sjgames.com/showthread.php?t=99924)

JimMarn 06-08-2013 10:37 AM

Re: Another 2000 Things I Am No Longer Allowed To Do In An RPG

110: I am no longer allowed to use the monsters I created, kobold-werewolves, in my AD&D campaign.

Sunrunners_Fire 06-09-2013 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimMarn (Post 1593015)
110: I am no longer allowed to use the monsters I created, kobold-werewolves, in my AD&D campaign.

... I don't see why not?

JimMarn 06-10-2013 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sunrunners_Fire (Post 1593442)
... I don't see why not?

My players frequed out. Some are siblings.

Ragabash Moon 06-10-2013 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimMarn (Post 1594563)

The kobolds or your players? Even then, I'm confused... unless you mean your kobold werewolves were into incest?

Anders 06-11-2013 05:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimMarn (Post 1594563)

I think it's time to go all-out Kult on them...

woodwardiocom 06-12-2013 01:22 PM

111: Yes, you can shadow-walk with vehicles, including cars and ships and probably spacecraft, and yes, you can get very close to Amber with even fairly complicated vehicles, and yes, gravity works in Amber, but you are not allowed to shadow-walk to an SF universe, outfit an asteroid with an Orion drive, guide it into a free-fall trajectory toward Amber's location on this Earth, shadow-ride the darn thing into Amber's dimension, and trump out at the last second.*

* The GM said it would leave a huge crater with a very skinny Pattern-shaped plateau in the middle, since the Pattern is utterly indestructible by mere physical force in his games...

Celti 06-12-2013 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by woodwardiocom (Post 1595846)
111: Yes, you can shadow-walk with vehicles, including cars and ships and probably spacecraft, and yes, you can get very close to Amber with even fairly complicated vehicles, and yes, gravity works in Amber, but you are not allowed to shadow-walk to an SF universe, outfit an asteroid with an Orion drive, guide it into a free-fall trajectory toward Amber's location on this Earth, shadow-ride the darn thing into Amber's dimension, and trump out at the last second.*

* The GM said it would leave a huge crater with a very skinny Pattern-shaped plateau in the middle, since the Pattern is utterly indestructible by mere physical force in his games...

I would require a very advanced use of Pattern for shadow-walking through empty space! One of the key tenets of shadow-walking is focusing on features in the terrain around you, which empty space entirely lacks, and anyone with that high of an investment in using the Pattern would be should be very loath to destroy Amber like that.

alexondria 06-13-2013 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Celti (Post 1595869)
anyone with that high of an investment in using the Pattern would be should be very loath to destroy Amber like that.

Unless they had the Logrus instead of the Pattern.

Ragabash Moon 06-13-2013 09:37 AM

Ah, Amber... I played that once back in the late 80's or early 90's, was pretty funny.. I played Cutey Honey and another player was Emperor Palpatine from Star Wars (he was Logrus) only he actually won in his world, turned Luke (permanently), etc.

Celti 06-13-2013 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alexondria (Post 1596350)
Unless they had the Logrus instead of the Pattern.

Logrus doesn't do traditional shadow-walking, they have the Black Roads and the ability to reach out with Logrus tendrils and bring things to them both abilities which are highly diminished in Amber and its environs.