Steve Jackson Games Forums

Steve Jackson Games Forums (http://forums.sjgames.com/index.php)
-   Roleplaying in General (http://forums.sjgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Another 2000 Things I Am No Longer Allowed To Do In An RPG (http://forums.sjgames.com/showthread.php?t=99924)

Blood Legend 11-13-2012 07:30 AM

Another 2000 Things I Am No Longer Allowed To Do In An RPG

New thread!

The rules;

1) This thread is not limited to just GURPS
2) Try not to start posts with 'especially if"
3) Avoid monotony, makes the thread easier to read.
4) Number Your Posts. This is the most important rule.
5) Have fun.

digoraccoon 11-13-2012 08:50 AM

Re: Another 2000 Things I Am No Longer Allowed To Do In An RPG

1. I will no longer get drunk off apple juice and then farm the internet for ideas on what kind of god avatar to throw at my Players for the next session's encounter. It won't end well.

samd6 11-13-2012 06:37 PM

2 If a dark god is angry at me personally, I need a better reason than "I beat him at checkers"

3 Not allowed to challenge dark gods to games of checkers.

Phantasm 11-13-2012 07:43 PM

4. Never again will I allow psionics in my Planescape game. The rest of the party is on death's door, and Elan Shaper is wondering why she actually *gasp* took damage this time!

4a. Especially when said Psion has a personality based off the Tom Baker Doctor Who.

Cpt. Sqweky 11-13-2012 09:18 PM

5. I can no longer set up traps around the campsite during the midnight ambush the orcs set for us.

Anders 11-14-2012 01:13 AM

6. I am not allowed to shout "Hanging's too good for him" when another PC is being executed.

samd6 11-14-2012 09:31 PM

7 Upon killing a dark god, should not order takeout to be delivered to the scene of battle.

Ed the Coastie 11-14-2012 10:45 PM

8. When my players ask about what kinds of characters should be played, I should really desist from saying "Oh, pretty much anything." Because they will...and while a "mixed grill" party of PCs may be versatile enough to pull off the adventure, the alternative is a far more likely outcome.

Jovus 11-16-2012 11:43 AM

9. I am no longer to make a character with a hefty reaction penalty and then worm my way into being the party's face man.

10. Nor am I allowed to convince the other players to nominate another character not played by me but with heavy reaction penalties as the party's face man.

Mark Skarr 11-16-2012 01:00 PM

11. After acing my fright-check for seeing the horrifying tentacled monstrosity, I'm not allowed to calmly quip: "This reminds me of my school girl days."

12. Not allowed to taunt the evil, poltergeist-like entity haunting the abandoned hospital with things like "An elevator full of blood? Really? I mean, it should have at least had, I don't know, blood-sharks in it or something. Are you even trying to scare us?"