Steve Jackson Games Forums

Steve Jackson Games Forums (http://forums.sjgames.com/index.php)
-   Munchkin Collectible Card Game (http://forums.sjgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Building a Munchkin CCG playerbase (http://forums.sjgames.com/showthread.php?t=163352)

Majobasil 05-01-2019 11:18 AM

Building a Munchkin CCG playerbase
 
Hi all,

I am saddened by the fact that Munchkin CCG YouTube views are in the hundreds per video, not thousands. As well as the fact that Amazon no longer stocks boosters directly. And that all my local game shops donít run any Munchkin tournaments.

How can we change this? I love this game and want it to succeed and thrive. How can I personally help to increase the playerbase?

Iíll teach my wife and kids to play. Thatís a start!

But what else?

Malkavman 05-08-2019 12:58 AM

Re: Building a Munchkin CCG playerbase
 
I have several play videos on my YouTube channel. My views are are more in the dozens, but I am not discouraged. I play all the time, and I am still holding out hope for a season 2.

Majobasil 05-08-2019 06:52 AM

Re: Building a Munchkin CCG playerbase
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Malkavman (Post 2261276)
I have several play videos on my YouTube channel. My views are are more in the dozens, but I am not discouraged. I play all the time, and I am still holding out hope for a season 2.

Thatís awesome man. Iím with you. I will continue to collect as many cards as I can and teach others to play.

Keep the YouTube videos coming. Youíve def got a viewer in me.

Cactus Jack 08-29-2019 07:44 AM

Re: Building a Munchkin CCG playerbase
 
I think a big problem is finding the video's.
When I looked months ago, I could not find anything (maybe they weren't up yet).

I also love this game, glad to see the forums busier than the last time I looked.
It prompted me to join and start posting.

Malkavman 08-29-2019 10:29 AM

Re: Building a Munchkin CCG playerbase
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cactus Jack (Post 2281788)
I think a big problem is finding the video's.
When I looked months ago, I could not find anything (maybe they weren't up yet).

I also love this game, glad to see the forums busier than the last time I looked.
It prompted me to join and start posting.

Majobasil and I are trying to breathe new life into it by making the online community thrive, and we are glad you are enthusiastic about being on board with us! Hopefully we can get the group going again well enough to get season 2 off the ground soon!

Cactus Jack 08-30-2019 12:46 AM

Re: Building a Munchkin CCG playerbase
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Malkavman (Post 2281803)
Majobasil and I are trying to breathe new life into it by making the online community thrive, and we are glad you are enthusiastic about being on board with us! Hopefully we can get the group going again well enough to get season 2 off the ground soon!

Agreed!
Big ups to you guys.

Malkavman 08-30-2019 12:52 AM

Re: Building a Munchkin CCG playerbase
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cactus Jack (Post 2281974)
Agreed!
Big ups to you guys.

Thanks, Jack! Here's hoping getting folks like you on board starts the ball rolling!

Cactus Jack 08-30-2019 01:10 AM

Re: Building a Munchkin CCG playerbase
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Malkavman (Post 2281976)
Thanks, Jack! Here's hoping getting folks like you on board starts the ball rolling!

Yeah, my wife and I have actually done a video before for Vs 2PCG (another fun card game with super heroes).
Maybe we will make something for Munchkin in future...

Majobasil 08-30-2019 06:40 AM

Re: Building a Munchkin CCG playerbase
 
What kind of webcam do you have? Skype, a decent webcam, and the right camera angle (mount may be needed) are all you need to make online play work.

Cactus Jack 08-30-2019 03:11 PM

Re: Building a Munchkin CCG playerbase
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Majobasil (Post 2282016)
What kind of webcam do you have? Skype, a decent webcam, and the right camera angle (mount may be needed) are all you need to make online play work.

Its a Logitech C130. Cheap but decent picture.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:05 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.