Steve Jackson Games Forums

Steve Jackson Games Forums (http://forums.sjgames.com/index.php)
-   Munchkin 101 (http://forums.sjgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   Gummi Golem and offer for help on winning level (http://forums.sjgames.com/showthread.php?t=158379)

Pheo 07-08-2018 05:39 AM

Gummi Golem and offer for help on winning level

Hello, sorry for my english

Bad Staff Gummi Golem currenting on player, and he should help even if someone goes to level 10?

Nobunga 07-08-2018 04:17 PM

Re: Gummi Golem and offer for help on winning level

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pheo (Post 2189786)
Hello, sorry for my english

Bad Staff Gummi Golem currenting on player, and he should help even if someone goes to level 10?

I could be wrong, but generally speaking, a Player is NEVER compelled to help another player gain the Winning Level, regardless of the source of compulsion.

Andrew Hackard 07-08-2018 05:01 PM

We are going to be putting out some rule changes later this month, and one of those changes is that you cannot be compelled to help someone win the game (and if you were already compelled to help in a fight that later becomes one for the winning level, you are bounced out).

So, no, someone suffering from the Gummi Golem's Bad Stuff would not be required to offer help to someone who is going to reach Level 10.

Pheo 07-08-2018 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew Hackard (Post 2189944)
We are going to be putting out some rule changes later this month, and one of those changes is that you cannot be compelled to help someone win the game (and if you were already compelled to help in a fight that later becomes one for the winning level, you are bounced out).

So, no, someone suffering from the Gummi Golem's Bad Stuff would not be required to offer help to someone who is going to reach Level 10.

Good! Please, one moment for my understanding. If the one on whom the сurrenting bad staff Gummi Golem is elf 9 level, should he help? And if he does not want to, should he fold the elf card to get out of the fight?

And one more question, If elf play card "Take Me" and enters the battle. Can the host fight out of it?

Andrew Hackard 07-08-2018 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pheo (Post 2190012)
Good! Please, one moment for my understanding. If the one on whom the сurrenting bad staff Gummi Golem is elf 9 level, should he help? And if he does not want to, should he fold the elf card to get out of the fight?

And one more question, If elf play card "Take Me" and enters the battle. Can the host fight out of it?

If someone WANTS to help and their help is accepted, that's fine.

Pheo 07-09-2018 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew Hackard (Post 2190017)
If someone WANTS to help and their help is accepted, that's fine.

And if he does not want to help, should he fold the elf card to get out of the fight Or he can just walk away without dumping his elf card

And one more question, If elf play card "Take Me" and enters the battle. Can the host of fight out of it leaving in battle only a cunning elf?

Thanks you very much!

Andrew Hackard 07-09-2018 12:44 AM

if the Elf doesn't want to help someone else win the game, she cannot be compelled to do so and she does not have to discard the Elf card (but she can if she wants to). However, if an Elf chooses to help and then changes her mind, too bad.

The main player can't get out of a fight unless he has a card that allows him to do so. If he does have such a card, the helper must also leave the fight unless the card specifically says the helper is still fighting.

Brf 07-09-2018 06:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pheo (Post 2190012)

If the main player is not battling for the winning level, but asks for help --
Can a 9th level Elf play Take Me and force the other player to take them as a helper for the winning level?

Andrew Hackard 07-09-2018 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brf (Post 2190064)
If the main player is not battling for the winning level, but asks for help --
Can a 9th level Elf play Take Me and force the other player to take them as a helper for the winning level?

That's...an interesting question. For now, I'm going to say yes, because the situation isn't exactly parallel - it's not forcing someone to join a combat you would otherwise lose, but forcing your way into a combat where help has already been solicited.