Steve Jackson Games Forums

Steve Jackson Games Forums (http://forums.sjgames.com/index.php)
-   Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game (http://forums.sjgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=95)
-   -   Compendium of NPCs (http://forums.sjgames.com/showthread.php?t=169245)

Rhino 06-30-2020 12:54 PM

Compendium of NPCs
 
I would love a compendium of generic henchmen of differing power levels with menu options to customize them; all displayed in the DFRPG shorthand.

DouglasCole 06-30-2020 01:05 PM

Re: Compendium of NPCs
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rhino (Post 2330904)
I would love a compendium of generic henchmen of differing power levels with menu options to customize them; all displayed in the DFRPG shorthand.

On my blog I did note that Kevin Smyth, author of Hand of Asgard and Nordlondr folk, is working on a 32-page Henchmen book. No word on when just yet, but "this year" seems quite reasonable.

Dalin 06-30-2020 07:05 PM

Re: Compendium of NPCs
 
Hand of Asgard is a fantastic book; I think I've consulted it nearly every day for the past week. (Got some clerical action coming up.) I'm glad that Kevin will be writing more for Gaming Ballistic.

I always enjoy NPC books, too. The old GURPS 3e Who's Who series was fun and I still consult Warriors, Rogues, and Wizards for my DFRPG games. It would be great to have something similar for 4e/DFRPG (and Nordlond, of course).

DouglasCole 06-30-2020 08:09 PM

Re: Compendium of NPCs
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dalin (Post 2330957)
Hand of Asgard is a fantastic book; I think I've consulted it nearly every day for the past week. (Got some clerical action coming up.) I'm glad that Kevin will be writing more for Gaming Ballistic.

I think a lot of people on the kick starter missed it because it was added late. Orders were something like a third lower than Nordlondr Folk.

Honestly it is one of my favorites of the short supplements that Iíve made and I think it is an underappreciated work. I know itís me saying that but he really did a nice job at differentiating the spell list, advantages, disadvantages, and skills that make one have an affinity for a particular divine domain. And make no mistake, the domains are obviously flavored after the Norse pantheon, but the domains themselves are agnostic to particular flavors of Gods.

Imbicatus 06-30-2020 08:52 PM

Re: Compendium of NPCs
 
I love Hand of Asgard and am basing much of my work of porting pathfinder deities and clerics on the write ups there. Some will be lifted pretty much as is, such as using Death as Pharasma, only changing main-gauche for scythe on the weapon options.

DouglasCole 06-30-2020 09:02 PM

Re: Compendium of NPCs
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Imbicatus (Post 2330968)
I love Hand of Asgard and am basing much of my work of porting pathfinder deities and clerics on the write ups there. Some will be lifted pretty much as is, such as using Death as Pharasma, only changing main-gauche for scythe on the weapon options.

I actually wanted to see how close the god of mischief came to Maui

Harald387 07-01-2020 02:48 PM

Re: Compendium of NPCs
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Imbicatus (Post 2330968)
I love Hand of Asgard

Quote:

Originally Posted by DouglasCole (Post 2330971)
I actually wanted to see how close the god of mischief came to Maui

What can I say except "you're welcome"?

(Seriously, thank you for the praise, it was a lot of fun to write.)


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:27 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.