Steve Jackson Games Forums

Steve Jackson Games Forums (http://forums.sjgames.com/index.php)
-   Ogre Video Game (http://forums.sjgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=96)
-   -   Update incoming: Please finish any Multiplayer games you have running (http://forums.sjgames.com/showthread.php?t=157863)

AurochJake 06-11-2018 08:22 AM

Update incoming: Please finish any Multiplayer games you have running

Hello all :)

We're making some changes to Multiplayer at the moment with the aim of eliminating any remaining bugs. Therefore, could we please ask you to finish any multiplayer games you're currently a part of?

With the new system, older games may break resulting in unexpected behaviour. Once the game is updated and the issues are solved, players will be able to connect and play multiplayer successfully.

A massive thank you to everyone for filing reports and giving feedback. It's hugely appreciated.

Thanks!

AurochJake 06-11-2018 10:09 AM

Re: Finish any Multiplayer games you have running

Just so everyone is aware, we should be pushing this new version tomorrow to give everyone time to finish their outstanding MP games.

Thanks

GranitePenguin 06-11-2018 10:13 AM

Re: Finish any Multiplayer games you have running

Looking forward to the update :-)

AurochJake 06-12-2018 10:10 AM

Re: Update incoming: Please finish any Multiplayer games you have running

Quick update on this - testing is going very well so far and we're squashing some pesky longstanding bugs. Thanks to everyone again for all the logs and reports received, these have helped massively.

We're just doing some final tweaks and want to give everyone a chance to finish the remaining MP games they are a part of, as the changes made may break older MP games and we don't want to waste any player's time on reporting bugs which no longer exist :)

With that in mind, we'll probably hold off one more day on the update.

Thanks again!

AurochDigital 06-13-2018 11:34 AM

Update has now gone live! We've got another update to fix a couple of other minor issues incoming too. Thanks.

AurochDigital 06-15-2018 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AurochDigital (Post 2182620)
Update has now gone live! We've got another update to fix a couple of other minor issues incoming too. Thanks.

Just updated again with the second part of our new multiplayer system to better find and resolve network issues. So now live is version 1.6.0.0

Multiplayer:
  • Fixed bugs related to games not finishing correctly.
  • Fixed issues with the server refusing connections occasionally after games until player restarted.
  • Fixed bugs with the active games list and steam notifications causing them to sometimes be incorrect.

Will be another update next week! Thanks all :)

AurochDigital 06-23-2018 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AurochDigital (Post 2183203)
Just updated again with the second part of our new multiplayer system to better find and resolve network issues. So now live is version 1.6.0.0

Multiplayer:
  • Fixed bugs related to games not finishing correctly.
  • Fixed issues with the server refusing connections occasionally after games until player restarted.
  • Fixed bugs with the active games list and steam notifications causing them to sometimes be incorrect.

Will be another update next week! Thanks all :)

Next update is due Monday now. Thanks all!

GranitePenguin 06-23-2018 08:11 AM

Is this another one multiplayer games should be finished up before the update? dwaland and I are in the middle of one right now, and I can't buy a roll to save my treads.

On the plus side, so far it's been relatively clean.

GranitePenguin 06-23-2018 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GranitePenguin (Post 2185762)
On the plus side, so far it's been relatively clean.

Spoke too soon. Getting the mismatched notifications again where it says it's my turn, but it isn't.

GranitePenguin 06-23-2018 09:24 PM

I think this is the third time now where Steam has told me it's my turn, but I don't think David has gone yet. Still on turn 3