Steve Jackson Games Forums

Steve Jackson Games Forums (http://forums.sjgames.com/index.php)
-   Munchkin 101 (http://forums.sjgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   Can you have unused Steeds? (http://forums.sjgames.com/showthread.php?t=121452)

Zachary1234 12-19-2013 06:18 PM

Can you have unused Steeds?
 
Is a player allowed to carry further steeds as an item while having another steed active? Is there a difference between steeds in use and steeds in possession (including those carried)?

MunchkinMan 12-19-2013 09:36 PM

Re: Can you have unused Steeds?
 
You can't have more than one Steed. The rules for Munchkin 4, Munchkin 5, and Munchkin 8 are specific about this. So, that means you can only have one in play, normally. There are cards (including Cheat!) which allow you to get around this, but those are meant to be obvious exceptions.

Zachary1234 12-19-2013 09:37 PM

Re: Can you have unused Steeds?
 
Yes, but in the absence of any cheat cards, can you have 1 steed in use, and carry one or further MORE steeds as the carried items in play (not in hand) that way?

MunchkinMan 12-19-2013 09:46 PM

Re: Can you have unused Steeds?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by MunchkinMan (Post 1698073)
You can't have more than one Steed. . . . So, that means you can only have one in play, normally.

This is what I said above, condensed. You can not normally have more than one Steed in play.

ken 12-20-2013 07:47 PM

Re: Can you have unused Steeds?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by MunchkinMan (Post 1698073)
You can't have more than one Steed. The rules for Munchkin 4, Munchkin 5, and Munchkin 8 are specific about this. So, that means you can only have one in play, normally. There are cards (including Cheat!) which allow you to get around this, but those are meant to be obvious exceptions.

4, 5 and 8? Seriously. How would someone know that?

Andrew Hackard 12-20-2013 08:14 PM

Re: Can you have unused Steeds?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ken (Post 1698637)
4, 5 and 8? Seriously. How would someone know that?

Those are the sets that include Steeds, so that's where the rules for Steeds are found.

ken 12-22-2013 04:28 PM

Re: Can you have unused Steeds?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew Hackard (Post 1698648)
Those are the sets that include Steeds, so that's where the rules for Steeds are found.

Doh... somehow that actually makes sense.

Thanx,


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:24 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.