Steve Jackson Games Forums

Steve Jackson Games Forums (http://forums.sjgames.com/index.php)
-   Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game (http://forums.sjgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=95)
-   -   Pyramid articles I'd like to see. (http://forums.sjgames.com/showthread.php?t=154107)

Taliesin 12-24-2017 02:12 PM

Pyramid articles I'd like to see.
 
1. Pets and allies. Not a do-it-yourself tool box; we've got that other game for that. But prebuilds. "Oh, god. Harmon just summoned Larry the angel again!" "What? After what happened last time?"

2. Tactics/demo articles. Show exactly how a wolf pack or orc warband attacks in the world of little hexes.

3. Steeds, watercraft, and air travel. (Also known as planes, trains, and automobiles in a world where your plane is an 80 ton dragon.)

Steve Jackson 12-24-2017 02:31 PM

Re: Pyramid articles I'd like to see.
 
What a useful thread to start! Thank you.

sir_pudding 12-24-2017 03:22 PM

Re: Pyramid articles I'd like to see.
 
Matching these to wishlist entries isn't easy. :(

Tom H. 12-24-2017 03:27 PM

Re: Pyramid articles I'd like to see.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Taliesin (Post 2145299)
2. Tactics/demo articles. Show exactly how a wolf pack or orc warband attacks in the world of little hexes.

Very good.

I think there would be a good market for material describing not just what-you-can-do but how you are actually doing it?

Instead of falling into the trap of always expanding an already deep system, let's take the time to explore what's already there.

DouglasCole 12-24-2017 05:59 PM

Re: Pyramid articles I'd like to see.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom H. (Post 2145313)
Very good.

I think there would be a good market for material describing not just what-you-can-do but how you are actually doing it?

Instead of falling into the trap of always expanding an already deep system, let's take the time to explore what's already there.

Note that there are a bunch of blog entries under the title Melee Academy and GURPS 101 (though not everyone writes to a 101 level; many are more advanced) you can find them through Gaming Balllistic.

If these are what you have in mind, they're easy to do.

Taliesin 12-25-2017 12:58 PM

Re: Pyramid articles I'd like to see.
 
Doug,
Yes, melee academy is exactly what I had in mind for item two on my list. Except aimed at how to game out the more common tactical situations found in DF.

DouglasCole 12-25-2017 04:15 PM

Re: Pyramid articles I'd like to see.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Taliesin (Post 2145408)
Doug,
Yes, melee academy is exactly what I had in mind for item two on my list. Except aimed at how to game out the more common tactical situations found in DF.

This seems both legit and easily doable. Let me discuss with folks.

lvalero 12-25-2017 04:40 PM

Re: Pyramid articles I'd like to see.
 
Pre-built powers / power-ups between 10-30 points including more song, auras, innate attacks, ... for the different classes.

Monsters, and loot, and more monsters!

Christopher R. Rice 12-25-2017 09:05 PM

Re: Pyramid articles I'd like to see.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DouglasCole (Post 2145418)
This seems both legit and easily doable. Let me discuss with folks.

Use the list, Luke.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lvalero (Post 2145422)
Pre-built powers / power-ups between 10-30 points including more song, auras, innate attacks, ... for the different classes.

Monsters, and loot, and more monsters!

Hmmmmmmm. Hmmmm, I say.

Colarmel 12-25-2017 09:36 PM

Re: Pyramid articles I'd like to see.
 
I really liked the magehunter profession in Pyramid, more such professions would be awesome.

Two of my favorite GURPS books were the splatbooks for Barbarians and Swashbucklers, realizing all my favorite stuff from those came from Pyramid made Pyramid much more appealing. I would like Knights in particular to get that kind of love for the DFRPG.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:18 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.